Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Merchandising Merchandising!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

I have the Zahn novels and played the KOTOR games, is there any other decent EU stuff I should look at?

Yes but trust me, this is a much better question to ask in the Star Wars thread in The Book barn.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338643

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just saw the film for the second time and I liked it even more this time.

I looked out for a couple things and during the Rey flashback I am 99% sure that the dude Kylo Ren kills is a Knight of Ren who was just about to murder someone. So I think Ren saved little Rey at the last second.

Also the last 30 seconds wasn't as awkward this time. But the helicopter shot was still atrocious. It REALLY should have ended with a steady low angle shot of both of them silhouetted against the sun. Even a flat angle shot would have looked good. Not a helicopter shot.

edit: oh I see there's only actual movie discussion in the spoiler thread. NM

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 3, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

My suspicion is that Kylo and the Knights were just killing everyone indiscriminately until suddenly Kylo spots little Rey and jumps into save her from one of the knights who was just going to murder her too. Why I have no idea.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No way Fox allows Avatar 2 to come out a week later. It probably won't even matter though since the drat thing will probably still be in pre-production by then.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I honestly wonder what JJ Abrams would say if you showed him that post.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

As someone who has been very vocal about my apprehension over the entire "A Star Wars Story" spinoff series bullshit I really liked this teaser. Aside from the rebel line, that was dumb.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

For a December release isn't it pretty late in the production cycle to do 'extensive' reshoots?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well my excitement for this move went from excited to completely tepid. It'll be real interesting to see what the next trailer is like and whether there are any immediate differences.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Can anyone take some nice 1080p shots of the trailer? Or link to some?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

UNLIMITED POWER

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So yeah, since Carrie completed all of her filming for Episode 8 I guess we better all hope Leia was gonna die in the movie already otherwise this is going to be a real loving mess.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Look at this person who hasn't seen Rogue One yet.

I have.

So she better be dead in the movie. Or we're gonna get some awkward unsatisfying off screen death in between 8 and 9.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

I really hope this is what we get. It's always way more respectful and easily understood then trying to cram it onto the screen.

lol respectful, there's probably gonna be an entire EU book devoted to it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What if George Lucas is just stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It doesn't matter. He's just an old man in California. All this effort spent on trying to defeat him, when he'll be dead in a few years anyways and you will still be vexed for the rest of your life.

The question you should ask is whether you are stupid

I wasn't aware I was trying to defeat him.

• Locked thread