Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I really like the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan because the fight is really an extended recapitulation of their relationship that foreshadows their eventual fates. In the course of their battle, they accidentally break the systems maintaining the station, and then the whole thing falls apart around them. They both fall into a hellscape featuring a point of no return—the massive lava waterfall that will surely destroy them both. Obi-Wan starts out higher and immediately begins to climb up, away from the fire. Anakin pursues him, but is singularly focused on his rage, heedless of the danger around him.

Obi-Wan swings off, landing on a lonely platform that gives him some small measure of solace amongst the firestorm. Anakin goes over the edge, but then at the very last second, he makes a huge leap back, landing on a tiny refuge that he damages in the process.

Anakin invades Obi-Wan's temporary home, so Obi-Wan retreats to solid ground. Anakin here is not wise enough to recognize that Obi-Wan has already saved himself, and he gets horribly maimed for it. But ultimately, he's out of the hell world too.

Also, that lava river is a fuckin' sweet practical effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The Ewoks, sophisticated people that they were, also possessed guard rail technology.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Haha, it was only a year or two ago when I realized that during the quad cannon fight, there's two corpses just rattling around in the Falcon stash spots. Thanks for ruining this Disney

Holy poo poo.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

UmOk posted:

So when is halftime? Does it come at a certain points threshold?

Mods please move this thread to TFF for the day

Or move the MNF GDT here

• Locked thread