Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

computer parts posted:

It's pretty simple logic really. Guy loves his wife, guy gets a vision about his wife dying (and his previous one about his mom dying came true), guy learns that the Sith have the ability to save people from dying, guy finds out his boss is going to kill the only Sith left in the galaxy.

A ton of people would at least consider stopping the Sith lord from dying, especially when the executioner is himself violating the law.

Still praying for Episode 7 to have the revelation that Mace Windu survived and lived on whatever Coruscant's surface looks like as a handless hobo for like 60 years. Like one of those WWII vets who got stranded on an island and still wants to kill the Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

computer parts posted:

In the previous thread, someone posted a Lucas interview where he said verbatim that this line of thinking is why he had Maul cut in half so the audience knows he's dead and gone.

There's a billion "what if Darth Maul survived" hot takes in the EU but none about what if Mace Windu survived. THAT'S the poo poo I wanna see. Give me clueless Sam Jackson as a Jedi Hobo.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm rewatching a bunch of Star Wars poo poo because I can't see the film until tomorrow and I hit the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon. It's aged a little worse than I remember; its slow, tense, dramatic silence is a little less suited to Star Wars than it was to Samurai Jack, but drat this is good. I can't decide if I like Mace Windu barefistedly punching droids or the part where Yoda sucks at using mind tricks.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I liked that the weird forest temple bar seemed less like it was inhabited by locals and more as though the planet was pretty empty and dudes just came out from space to hang there. They were obviously invoking the Mos Eisley Cantina but it felt more like it was a roadside pitstop than a seedy crime hovel, between the emptiness of the rest of the planet and just the general atmosphere of the place.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I didnt like Chewbacca personally assisting Yoda, one of the greatest jedi masters ever, fight in the giant jedi battles of the clone wars, because it undermines Han Solo's disbelief in the force in the OT. His 1st mate and only friend literally fought right next to a super jedi.

I must now assume that Han does not actually understand Chewie because then it makes more sense to me

Han: Pfft Jedi? the force? aint nothin like a good blaster at your side
Chewie: Rarrarahrahrararar hrarr (actually the force is real and i once helped Yoda, a jedi master, escape from the destruction of the Jedi)
Han: Yea we do gotta work on those power couplings, buddy

I kind of both hate the convenience of Chewbacca being there in Revenge of the Sith, and love the fact that Yoda and Chewbacca teamed up once and that of COURSE Yoda only survived genocide with the help from someone as strong as Chewbacca

But yeah I like this too.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Beeez posted:

Yep. Finn's similarity to Han is further pronounced, too, because he was brought up in a culture of violent outlaws but still manages to learn to care about other people.

Finn shows big similarities to R2D2 in that he gets way hosed up in the final battle and one of the last scenes is some guy saying they can fix him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Tarkin & Leia looked weird to me, but not, like, inhuman? I had presumed digital de-aging or excessive makeup or something (I didn't know the Tarkin actor had died but I also don't know why I would think a dude who was old in the 70's would be alive now). Learning it was all 100% CGI later actually impressed me. It was noticeable but I didn't feel like it was bad

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 18, 2016

• Locked thread