Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

I think the op should explain what star wars is.

Who are these stars? Why are they at war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I didn't enjoy The Force Awakens, for various reasons. However, there are some intriguing seeds planted in this movie.

I think Snoke is going to end up as the Dark Side's Yoda. We're going to see a lot of Kylo Ren's training in the next movie, and I would really like that.

I really want to see a retrofitted Millennium Falcon.

I want Rey to be unrelated to The Star Wars Main Lineage. It's time to stop treating the Skywalker line like divinity.

My personal Ben Solo theory is that not living up to the power of Annakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker is what drove him to the dark side.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

i got to sit next to a chick who had her boyfriends hand basically up her vagina so you didnt get it too bad.

Nice.

I got to sit behind a kid who was super into the movie. It was honestly my favorite part of going to see the movie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mark Hamil is a loving treasure.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

HoboMan posted:

Was anyone else disappointed by how lame Leia was in the movie? I was disappointed by how lame Leia was in the movie.
Also the Silver Storm Trooper, when she got held up she shoulda just punched Finn in the face or something and then Chewie knocks her over and then the movie plays out the same, that would have been cool. Instead of lame, that character is lame.

Yeah, I think they just decided that Phasma had to do something, anything, in the movie, and swapped out a random Stormtrooper for her. I really disliked the whole bit with her taking down the shields, and the geek-o-sphere justification of "You see, Captain Phasma is actually just a big coward."

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

piratepilates posted:

There's some Ralph McQuarrie prints on ebay for like 40 bucks. I really want to buy one or two but I just can't tell if I'm the kind of person to buy Star Wars concept art and frame and hang it on my walls. Is that really something I want to do? Yes, probably. But is it?

Do it.

• Locked thread