Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh poo poo, can it be...

There's been rumors around GBS for years that Tezzor is Goatstein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

So, when does the deep & complex analysis start?

At least a month :haw:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Starship Troopers didn't have flat, featureless battlegrounds even if it did use CGI on a large scale in the battles.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think those vehicles might actually be CGI; this is not based on what they look like (they still do look like miniatures to me) but solely based on the fact that I can't find a direct reference to or a photo of a minature of them online. It matters nothing as they're both composited essentially the same way.

Corek fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 4, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I fully encourage CGI-chat! It's either an interesting look at how designs are implemented through special effects, or it's a fascinating look into people's misconceptions, akin to T****r's astonishing misuse of the 'rule of thirds'.

I cycled through Tumblr and Twitter before I figured out what that meant. :D

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I fully encourage CGI-chat! It's either an interesting look at how designs are implemented through special effects, or it's a fascinating look into people's misconceptions, akin to T****r's astonishing misuse of the 'rule of thirds'.

My favorite is that the skin texture of the Kaminoans was taken from one of the animators themselves but drained of color.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Obiwan: Well if droids could think, there'd be none of us here, would there?

That's what most people seem to believe, but Obiwan has it wrong. The singularity is bullshit. People simply cannot imagine a sentient being that doesn't lust for power.

The already-questionable "effective altruism" movement is being taken over by these kinds of people, because the ultimate effective altruism logically must be saving trillions of post-singularity souls from potentially evil AI. Therefore, you must give your money to transhumanists, specifically the worrying kind.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

turtlecrunch posted:

Godzilla episodes.

Here's the robot that SMG is: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_T-series_tactical_droid_(Malastare)

quote:

This tactical droid was unique due to the fact that in its chest was a symbol resembling the Oxygen Destroyer from the Godzilla series, that was used to kill the creature in the original 1954 film. The Zillo Beast arc as a whole was actually a reference to the Godzilla series itself.

Also voiced by Matthew "Grievous" Wood.

Corek fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 12, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Red posted:

You mean... like... give birth?

"There was no father"

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

What you're pushing here is a New Age/Jungian balance of 'natural' masculine and feminine 'principles', which is very distinct from actual feminism as combating exploitation. Deep-seated archetypal identities, "Men are from Mars, Women Are From Venus", right? This means that you have absolutely misunderstood the prequels.

I agree, though contrariwise one of the biggest prequel boosters of all time is super-Jungian Camille Paglia.

Corek fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 13, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

McDowell posted:

Ah I forgot about her.

Star Wars!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The current controversy is whether disney will "let" Finn and Poe be a couple.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/will-disney-ever-let-the-force-awakens-finn-and-poe-be-1759715797

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

net cafe scandal posted:

This forum has spent nearly 300 dollars on funny pictures next to SMGs name. Star Wars

Four full years with this av.

Corek fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 25, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MonsieurChoc posted:

You laugh, but the original French Translation had him as Dark Vador.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do you have the one where they're various kinds of Knuckles

E: Never mind I found it http://imgur.com/oN6DjXB

One of them's relevant even!

Sega no longer owns those characters because of the original "author" getting them in a contract dispute.

They're no longer... canon.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Al Cowens posted:

Oh my god I'm going to miss my train hurry up hurry up.

https://twitter.com/LikChan/status/718091236901568513

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

No longer canon. :colbert:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DoctorG0nzo posted:

So I guess I don't have the back story for this Tezzor fellow so I can't help but feel that I've stumbled into some sort of sick alternate universe where the people who didn't like the prequels are treated as the irrational ones

please help

Tezzor used to be called Goatstein and he has steampunk wedding pictures and for 10 years he has refused to post them

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Millennial

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Let's check in with how the RLM fanbase is reacting

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Equeen posted:

They're just mad that the only main white character they can cling to is BB-8.

little
white

CUCK BALL

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Fix your Cleartype, jeez.

I found that on Twitter and didn't take it. :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Ok, like I said, I'm old. Hearing isn't what it used to be. :)

People thought Luke was Benedict Cumberbatch a few years back in one of the TFA trailers.

• Locked thread