Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Just fwiw if anyone reading this thread is also about to start a band but is searching for a name allow me to suggest:
Kyle Katarn and His/The Extended Universes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Lampsacus posted:

Just watched RotJ.
-that celebration sequence at the end with the Ewoks goes on for ages. I mean, they have cuts to the fireworks in the sky, other dance circles, some ewok playing stormtrooper helmets like glass drums. Also: Chewy trying to shake everybody's hand.
-the cut to Corasant has people on a roof top partying. Including stormtroopers. I guess the city guard was sick of the imperials as well.
-The space battle is over quite quickly. Admiral Ackbar's crew in his spaceship are adorable. There is one guy who just walks in a circle looking flusted.
-There were moments I wonder if will be echoed in VII. Like, Luke watching the space battle from a distance which looked really cool. And the end scene where the main characters all line up and smile and cheer, like New Hope.

Jolly good film. So anybody cramming a marathon before the release? I'm thinking in order of: V, II, IV, VI, III and lastly I.

That's the dumbest viewing order I've ever seen, and I have insane obtuse ideas about the order one should watch End of Evangelion, Belladonna of Sadness, Adolescence of Utena, Funky Forest and Gundam Soldiers of Sorrow in.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

May the orange be with you.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

TG-Chrono posted:

I think noted shitposter MisterBibs runs this account.
https://twitter.com/KyloR3n?s=09

No chance. That account is actually funny.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Man, I really dig Kylo Ren as a character. Setting aside the fanboy aspect, Driver did a great job making him seem like the conflicted dude he was. From his relationship with his dad to his relationship with his own self image. He was sympathetic and scary. He was a good kid trying to be bad, succeeding at being bad, but unsure that he's capable of destroying his identity. I enjoyed the way he's be all calm and menacing Vader style, but when poo poo hosed up he totally lost his composure in a way Vader never did.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I wasn't so sure Finn was even going to survive the fight tbh.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Luke managed to beat Vader at the very end of the OT so he wasn't very threatening.

Like, my Christ, people think it's bad writing that the good lady beat the bad man in the space fairy tale movie?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Really enjoying this multi page discussion about where the guy who smuggled cthulhus for money in space found one weird piece of bric a brac that's basically Travel Uno In space.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

In an alternate universe Ahmed Best played Gollum and Andy Serkis played Jar Jar, and that world is very hard to understand.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SMG generally makes a lot of good points and can be fun to talk to, but like any chatbot is limited by some basic fundamental programming flaws. One is a limited database of sources. SMG was loaded with a flash drive containing the complete works of Zizek and a few other works Zizek is derivative of, but that's about it.

SMG also operates under tha aprameter where a movie's "Goodness" depends on how mkuch SMG can read the film to align with Full Communism Now/Catholic Mysticism. this cannot be reprogrammed. Since not every movie is about F.C.N. and not everyone else's judgement of art is how perfectly it operates as propoganda for the specific political system endorsed by the viewer, this leads to conflict.

SMG is also not actually very good at debating, but still makes good points, but a lot of the time, unless you've engaged certain dialogue sub-branches, SMG will be unable to parse your meaning and will resort to other statements in order to provke a response whein you might somehow activate one of those dialogue trees.

SMG does not feel emotion, does not understand the more empathetic and human aprts of art, the reasons for watching art etc. SMG does not handle human nuance very well. Ideological nuance somewhat, the malleability of film very much, but SMG doesn't understand how you can just "like" a character unless the character represents Stalin/the Holy spirit.

keep this in mind as you operate your new Truthful Posting Webbot chat machine that totally doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

I honestly hated most of the bar stuff before the force vision. It was sort of redeemed by that but I don't think the film would of lost anything by cutting out Maz entirely.

Yea, I know the jedi are supposed to suck and rely too much on the force for predicting things but daaamn maybe make it less obvious that Palpatine is the sith to the jedi? The jedi pretty much know it by the end of the second movie, Yoda is constantly concerned about it even! I know it's a kids show so bad guys gotta be comically evil and obvious, and we're doing the "LOOK BEHIND YOU!" panto routine.

That would mean changing the Emperor though, and he's so much fun to watch. He's completely in love with evil. He wants to go to the movies with evil and put his dick in the popcorn. He's a joy to watch.

• Locked thread