Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

In watching them right now. I am now content with Stat Wars for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The biggest release.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's a shot of C3PO's legs flying across the floor when a mean Stormtrooper shot him to poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Empire Strikes Back is so dang pretty.

(Luke with one foot on the light, and one foot in the dark. I like it)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can see that. Honestly Lucasfilm has been doing everything they can to say "FANS! WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU! NOT LIKE THAT LAST GUY WHO DIDN'T! WE'RE HERE MY BABIES. WE LOVE YOU!!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Davros1 posted:

poo poo, in ANH R2 & 3P0 just happen to crash land practically in Kenobi's lap, despite having a whole planet to land on.

They didn't though? They were pretty drat far from where anyone was and the only reason they got to Luke was because the Jawas snatched them up and sold it to Owen. And even then, Obi Wan was still pretty drat far.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

because luke took them on a hunch. It's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The characters not working for me is why I don't like the prequels. Obi-Wan is alright though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just thought Into Darkness was kind of lazy. Like, fine if they wanted to have Khan, but not fine that they took scenes and lines from Wrath of Khan and repurposed them for their own film. That bugs me. First half is pretty alright though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeAAdjZYAs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Star Wars: The Fecal Menace.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kurzon posted:

I've just bought the TFA soundtrack. As people have said, Rey's opening theme is sweet. It's low key, which is why it didn't stick in my mind when I left the theater, but it's nice.

Yo how did you get it? It's not out until the 18th right?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

iSheep posted:

Well I watched some Q&A that had some good insightful questions and then some loving dork for the very last question asked if the new movie would have lens flares and JJ told him no, at least not intentionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ekui0QWaCA&t=1876s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kurzon posted:

I bought a CD from a music store next to the cinema. I guess the 18th release date applies to digital purchases, I dunno.

I'm gonna go see if I can snag it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lampsacus posted:

I like what people are saying about how this movie is not Star Wars in the essence of pushing cinematic boundaries and inspiring awe with effects 20 years ahead of time. Instead I feel it possess these qualities:
-heart warming
-clever funny
-scary
-dangerous
-sad.
-*****magical*****

So that's the ingredients of the star wars I watched as a kid. I suppose there is a difference in how we enjoy star wars based on where we first saw it. Fans who were awed by the spec. effects in cinema in the 70s vs. us dirty youngsters who first saw it on VHS at a sleepover in a rumpus room.

People care very much about plot.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 17, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonz posted:

Hey CelticPredator, I called the theater today and asked them if they were going to be giving away posters at the premiere tomorrow night, and i'm pretty shocked that they said no. Instead, they're selling some theater-themed Star Wars t-shirt for 20 bucks.

This is the first IMAX blockbuster that hasn't had it's own IMAX-specific poster handout in ages. When I bought the tickets back in October, I apparently incorrectly assumed they'd be giving away a poster, because they ALWAYS do. Even The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man 3 had it's own IMAX poster. Go figure.

That's weird. Huh. But no worries! It's all good!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress. Someone posted the score on Youtube but it was all slow-like so I was listening to it in a very strange way until I got home and used the Youtube speed thing to set it right...but now it's gone. :(

Also, it's not in stores either.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The good thing is, there's going to be so many different Star Wars to go around. So if you really didn't like this movie, you have Rouge One, Episode 8 and Han Solo movie directed by Lord and Miller. I'm okay if this movie is a good start.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

George intended there to be sequels. Hence why he did that crazy rights thing and funded the other two out of his own pocket.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because the movie is actually out right now and people are allowed to discuss it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I heard some of it on YouTube. It's pretty dang great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

jivjov posted:

We arrived at the theater about half an hour ago, it's already about half full and it turns out the marathon is a completely sold out house. 500 people are coming to this theater to watch all of the Star Wars.

This is gonna be a hell of a show.

I can't believe you have to watch Phantom Menace at 4 in the morning. That sounds hellish.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I guess that's not as bad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This was a good movie. Really good movie. Didn't change my life, but it's good to have nice Star Wars again. Kylo Ren is amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it's been said, but I love how his character goes against one of the main themes of Star Wars, in general. Adam Driver sold it.

I mean, everyone sold it. I love all these new characters. I can't think of one I found annoying! I wanted more of Moz too! I love that I can look forward to a Star Wars movie, and feel optimistic again about the whole thing. Glad this one got out of the way so we can get to some real poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like how everyone in this movie is very bad with a lightsaber. No better than your average Star Wars nerd with too much time on his hands.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Frackie Robinson posted:

Why is it so important to everyone - Resistance and New Order - that they find Luke Skywalker? I know he's Luke Skywalker, but he's just one dude, he can't single-handedly determine the outcome of a war.

He kinda did before though. Almost single-handedly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was the trooper Rey Jedi Mind Tricked

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I heard her role was cut. But I'm not sure. That one toy guy, constable zuvo wasn' in the movie either. Lotsa things cut.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFHwoALeYg

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

It's actually not taken directly from that, it's a new take and slightly different from the original. It was probably just recorded for the trailer though

Right but it came from that scene. It wasn't a cut line from the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was there because it's a good line and gets you excited for the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonz posted:

Hey CelticPredator, I called the theater today and asked them if they were going to be giving away posters at the premiere tomorrow night, and i'm pretty shocked that they said no. Instead, they're selling some theater-themed Star Wars t-shirt for 20 bucks.

This is the first IMAX blockbuster that hasn't had it's own IMAX-specific poster handout in ages. When I bought the tickets back in October, I apparently incorrectly assumed they'd be giving away a poster, because they ALWAYS do. Even The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man 3 had it's own IMAX poster. Go figure.

So I figured it out!

If you go see the movie at IMAX starting tomorrow until the 10th of January, you can get a poster.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it's a different poster every week.

Which is hilarious to me because there are people who will see Star Wars that many times willingly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'd be okay with that. It might give Hayden a chance to work with a better director.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watching Harrison Ford break expensive toys is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qrxL8oGbE

Reposting this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Could be possible that Rey was taken from Luke, and then dropped on the planet for some unknown reason. But that's if she's his kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Revenge of Captain Phasma.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

net cafe scandal posted:

I agree though, that the movie seems to have a lot of faith in these two very boring leads to carry the rest of this franchise.. best of luck to Disney in this regard.

Most people like the leads, so they'll be perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Murder McMurderson posted:

Absolutely. The battle at the end of A New Hope is a prime example of how to build tension towards a climax. There was no tension at the end of TFA. The heroes never seemed trapped or outnumbered as they did in the original trilogy. Everything went exactly as planned, and the audience knew exactly how it was going to end.

The lightsaber fight was pretty tense.

• Locked thread