Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Effectronica posted:

Your hateful, incoherent gibberish has been rendered literal gibberish by your incompetence at writing. Beautiful.

It's also beautiful that you're endorsing brainwashing as pleasant. I think the CIA is looking for guys like you, as long as you're not too squeamish to get your hands dirty.

You've ceased being amusing and are now becoming annoying. Maybe you should take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol okay

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought his wife was a Christian and then he had the dream.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Effectronica posted:

Neither Minervina nor Fausta are known to have been Christians, and his son Crispus, who was educated by a Christian, would have been five at the Battle of the Maxentius Bridge where Constantine is supposed to have used the Chi-Rho symbol for the first time.

I will admit me that you've sufficiently wowed me with your knowledge of his wives' names that I'm not going to retort. My Art History professor is full of poo poo then.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Noam Chomsky posted:

They do. Obi-Wan "killed" Anakin and took his sabre and gave it to Luke later. The Qui-Gon dialog is foreshadowing.

From a certain point of view I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was thinking about Emo Kylo Ren and his school-shooting character. Han's like "Ben. Come home. We miss you." but fails to add "...and stand trial for your war crimes, terrorism and mass murder of innocents."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Raxivace posted:

It's like David Lynch reinterpreted the Seinfeld theme.

:lol:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like Finn is going to have force sensitivity. I think it's the source of his moral dilemma at the kill command.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DARPA posted:

That's assuming the force itself leans towards the light side and not just something the jedi sect claims.

Maybe there's another bad rear end, super accurate, oddly lucky storm trooper out there who is also force sensitive, but uses his ability to be doubly efficient at purging the innocent.

Stop it, you'll fuel the flames of TR-8R fan fiction with talk like that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you seriously arguing that Chewie was doing chores

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dog hair in my sheets again gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

porfiria posted:

I feel like they sort of left open how super skilled Jedis fight in the New Trilogy (tm). Rey has no idea what she's doing, obviously, and I thought they sort of implied that Kylo is basically at Luke in ANH levels of training--Snoke's summons at the end is kind of a reverse Yoda thing.

I hope Luke fights like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXIJv1NoXmo

Would be perfect. (although I think you mean later on in the scene when he beats her fighting with a reed. Effortless.)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

rear end Catchcum posted:

Look at my join date. Then look at yours.

:what:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's obvious that Luke tore the ground between Ren and Rae apart, saving Rae from the dark side until he can teach her how to use it properly against other dark side users.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

If you wanted Maul to have a bigger role, it wouldn't be hard to write an escape in TPM, condense the romance and "jedi/protagonists stand, walk, or sit while expositing" scenes in AOTC, then integrate scenes where Sidious expresses an interest in Anakin's skills and immature nature, prompting Maul to try to eliminate Anakin before it's necessary at the arena, resulting in his death to a rookie jedi due to his blind rage and jealousy at losing his father figure (i'm sure you could write a decent ironic comparison between him and Anakin losing his mother, foreshadowing Anakin undergoing the same arc in the OT).

If you REALLY wanted to go wild with Maulmania, he could be the one Anakin and Obi fight in the opening instead of Dooku, and Palpatine's order to kill him [maul] is his final decision to dispose of Maul and recruit Anakin. Rest of the movie progresses as usual.

I like this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

No he's not. Besides being a stabber, the explanation for his actions doesn't fit with any actual school shooting.

You might have missed that he gathered a team of like six other dudes, and is motivated by a deep religious conviction. Essentially, he had a sort of religious epiphany that he's now struggling to understand.

Yeah he's more of an abortion clinic bomber.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

homullus posted:

There are worse things to be paid for than showing up, being yourself in comfortable clothing, shaking some hands, and going home.

I bet it sucks a lot more than that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the Jedi being evil and the Sith being good is probably the most ridiculous of assertions.

I think at one point somebody said they enjoyed Jedi Rocks but I don't believe that was anything but a troll.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RnS8iegb0

Jaws fans love this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well I am being an rear end but it's not like George Lucas directed all of Star Wars and how is this not a continuation of the themes of Jaws? You even get a force ghost Chief Brody from beyond the grave affecting corporeal events, in this case an inexplicable shark explosion.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

I just want to mention, for the record, that the Star Wars prequels are good too.

This is what started it. The second post in this thread. I'm not going to dig up where it happened in the last thread.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

This is what started it. The second post in this thread. I'm not going to dig up where it happened in the last thread.

Okay I went back to the first thread. This is the source of evil.

redshirt posted:

I unironically enjoy Episode 1 and think it's a good Star Wars movie. Sure, Jar-Jar. But, kids! It's got heroes, villains, good action, and it's a fairly tight story.

II has some good parts (anything Obi Wan, basically), and the rest is strangely awful. Cringe inducing. Same for III - some great parts, lots of poo poo.

That said, the overall story for the prequels is great - trade wars, taxation, Senate, etc. I love that poo poo - because it's all about Palpatine's rise to power, and I find that fascinating. I just wish a better Director had handled it, free of Lucas' meddling.

Read the novelization of "Revenge of the Sith" for proof - it's great. The movie, not so much.

This post is from Nov. 2, 2012.

That's how long we've wasted arguing if the prequels are good or bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've wasted 14 years on this website, I'm not judging.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What the poo poo just happened.

edit: This is amazing. Caught it and it made the thread so much better.

and for continuity.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 28, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thrawn was a good character in my opinion. All anyone ever talks about is the art thing.

Okay it was a pretty big aspect of the character. Also from what I remember he was studying art to identify nuances in a species beyond the traditional study of battle tactics which he had already thoroughly investigated. I don't know it's been a long time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Raped by the Force

A Victim's Certain Point of View by Shmi Skywalker

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

The only ship around here is the Millennium Falcon.

Slave I is in some alien's garage getting polished with a diaper daily. We will absolutely see it again, as we should. It was always the most unique design of any ship.

Also while we're on the subject I didn't see enough chatter on here about how much Kylo's ship ruled. That thing was like a giant death bat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the prequels were dreck but I managed to state this viewpoint without getting banned from the thread somehow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

The New Star Destroyer design is especially blah, though. Basically just fatter and broader than the old ones, and with smaller crown thingies (which were what made the original design pop.) It looks downright clumsy.

I see what you're saying but I feel the need to mention that this actually fits with the narrative.

I usually hate when people say that but it's like the golden age of ship building has passed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You gave the special editions to children, you monster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still unsure of how Plageuis managed to be Luke's grandfather in all this somehow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Poor Shmi.

Raped by the force and a village of Sand People and probably Watto knowing that dude.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Big Luke must be huge then.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

Big Luke's headless body is decomposing in a cave on Dagobah.

I'm surprised SMG hasn't taken that scene and extrapolated some kind of hosed up theory about how young Luke is dead, replaced by Dark Side Clone Luke, who understands the world better than myopic Jedis because Good is Dumb.

Of course he may have, I started skimming his posts around last April.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Anakin Skywalker was a child-murdering Evil Person and my only regret was he wasn't alive when Luke burned him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

McDowell posted:

Do you consider yourself to be a Christian?

I consider myself over any Star Wars conversation that doesn't involve movie news or jokes.

Neo Rasa posted:

Episode VIII teaser:

*Shots of space and huge ship to ship battles*
*Luke's voice* "REY......."
*Luke takes up the lightsaber from her hand*
"REY.....We have a BIG problem."
*Shot of slightly taller Luke killing younglings*
*smash cut to STAR WARS*

like this. This I am in to.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been following this thread for thousands of pages and it has become like a heroin habit where I am only happy on the initial high and that hit is when I read movie news and jokes and then 40 pages of droid slavery are like the baby crawling on the ceiling as I detox.

Also I'm not being very serious, please continue your droid slavery conversation don't mind me. I even like SMG

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It amazes me how many lifeforms in a whole galaxy inevitably interact with six of the same people.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Lucas named Sheev

I thought this was a joke name at first but I have to admit it kind of grew on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When did Leia become a black track athlete

• Locked thread