Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I was reading up on Sheev, I was interested in at what point does he decide he wants to do his Sheevy scheming. From the Star Wars wiki it only says that he started following along with the Siths' plan that seem to pre-date his arrival on the scene. I wonder if in the books they ever comment on what motivates Sheev, because otherwise it just sounds like he is doing Sith stuff because he's a Sith.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sheev_Palpatine

quote:

At some point during his life, Palpatine assumed the name Darth Sidious when he became apprenticed to the legendary Sith Lord Darth Plagueis the Wise,[8] who could allegedly influence the midi-chlorians to create life and prevent death. Unfortunately for Plagueis, Sidious killed his master in his sleep after being taught everything Plagueis knew about the dark side of the Force.[10]

Keeping his Sith identity a secret from the public eye, Sidious took it upon himself to execute the Sith's long-percolating plan to supplant the Old Republic with a new Sith Empire, and destroy the Jedi Order.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah I totally had that weird curvy-headed brown alien as a toy for no reason other than he was a cool Alien.

I had the same action figure. He was named "Hammerhead" but I've just learned that the name turned out to be a speciest??/racist term for Ithorians.

quote:

Ithorians were a mammalian herbivorous sentient species from the planet Ithor. They were commonly called "Hammerheads" by less sensitive beings because of their long, curving neck and T-shaped head. They found this nickname offensive
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ithorian/Legend

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Madurai posted:

There was a gonk droid sighting in one of the previews, IIRC.

I think that was actually a MSE-6-series repair droid (mouse droid)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MSE-6-series_repair_droid
:goonsay:

or maybe both of them were in one of the trailers?

edit: yes both of them are in the trailers.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 15, 2015

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Don't forget Ewoks then, that got theatrical releases in some regions. :v:

I'm pretty sure I only saw that movie once when it came on TV but the "Star cruiser....crash!" scene has stuck with since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvY969cKzyA

edit: haha it was narrated by Burl Ives.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 16, 2015

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Electromax posted:

To be fair, Yoda and Dooku try dropping force rocks on each other and electro-zapping each other before the swords come out.

Plus all of this arguably also applies to Vader/ObiWan in 4.

Dooku even suggests they duel with light sabers to settle it, so it's not like they just start light sabering out of no where.

DOOKU: It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force but by our skills with a lightsaber.

edit: that being said, I remember who Yoda and Sheev's light saber duel begins, maybe they just start light sabering.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
One of my secret talents is being able to clap very loudly. I do this whenever other people clap just because it gives me the opportunity to use my gift in public without drawing too much attention.

thrawn527 posted:

Sure hope anyone who cares saw my post and turned off avatars.

I do and I did.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

hhhat posted:

:aaaaa:

I saw that a few months ago and did not place either of them

Yeah, I just watched it a couple weeks ago. I knew about Poe but learning about Hux just blew my mind...actors and that acting thing they do.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Huh, I thought all of the IMAX showings were 3D.

Yeah, it seemed both IMAX theaters close to me where showing in 3D. My first viewing was regular 2D but the folks I was with on my second viewing insisted on seeing it on an IMAX screen, so that meant 3D. It turned out to be quite all right and as another said, wearing the glasses was the worst part. We were also pretty close to the front row.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
The second time I watched TFA I kept an eye out for Maz's alleged terrible CGI treatment but I failed to see what the hubbub is about. She looked ok to me.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Luke obviously is so force powerful that he gave R2 the force too. That's what that scene was with Luke touching R2 was about.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've never heard of Auralnauts and I'm watching Ep 1 Jedi Party. Holy poo poo this is hilarious.

Keep going, watch them all. There's 3 more.
Everybody needs a Zima.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Neurolimal posted:

With the experience of a little sister, multiple young cousins and nephews, and friends' twerps, I feel like I can most definitely say that kid's dont say "yipee!", today or in the 90's.

I guess lurking in a ball pit gives a far different experience, I don't think i'm prepared to do that.

It was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away so comparisons to present day or the 90's are irrelevant.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Macaluso posted:

Okay. It's still an annoying sound to be playing for half the trailer

The trailer looked good otherwise

I think you can blame the 1979 Alien trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVY_lonKf4

The Alien alarm seems to be a motif that is used quite a bit in trailers.

• Locked thread