Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Im still having trouble believing bayonetta will be in smash, 2016 is the year of the gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i take back what i said about cloud, seems more like a glass cannon. has a lot of strong quick moves and good speed, but once you launch him off stage his options are really limited, and he gets launched high p. early.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
gently caress yes Corrin is IN!!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Average Bear posted:

gently caress yes Corrin is IN!!

said nobody ever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

said nobody ever

Your av is Roy and you cant appreciate a FE character being used to market an upcoming FE game? Ah, what ever..

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i take back what i said about cloud, seems more like a glass cannon. has a lot of strong quick moves and good speed, but once you launch him off stage his options are really limited, and he gets launched high p. early.
So is Rosalina and she's still excellent.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh it wasnt a complaint, just realizing thats what balances him out

like everyone thought little mac was OP at first until they learned once you actually hit him and get him off the ground hes 100% hosed

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Your av is Roy and you cant appreciate a FE character being used to market an upcoming FE game? Ah, what ever..

i'm actually looking forward to trying him out, his counter looks straight up ridic

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

he has a rechargable AOE little mac ultra punch. his front smash will KO at 50-60, has great range, and comes out super fast. his air game is amazing. he has a great projectile, and hes pretty fast.

his only downsides are that his recovery is poo poo if he's not at the limit and he's kind of a featherweight. but otherwise he deals really, really high damage and can KO at very low %s. maybe i need to get used to fighting him but rn it seems like hes just ike but better in every way

[:colbert:] he's not better than ike.............

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog and Cloud Strife are all in the same video game now.

http://youtu.be/BOPlK10Rcdk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Ike is really good now but I don't think a lot of people realize how much he's been buffed in patches.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I wear your grandads clothes. I look incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Ike was my brawl main.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Ike was my brawl main.
Same, he was the most fun character for me in Brawl.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same, he was the most fun character for me in Brawl.

If there's one thing I don't like about Sm4sh, is that it seems like 1/3 of the cast has a down B counter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Instead of it being very limited in Brawl.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

having spent the last several months playing as my boy Roy, I need to teach myself not to expect a counter when down-b-ing as Cloud

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

If there's one thing I don't like about Sm4sh, is that it seems like 1/3 of the cast has a down B counter
The only character who I mind having a counter is Lucario. He shouldn't have one, I think it messes up the risk/reward thing for being more powerful at high percents by protecting him too much from attack.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are there any videos of Japanese gamers freaking out at the Corrin reveal?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Chill Penguin posted:

ya... i definitely care about seeing this. lulz would be had if there was indeed a video like op describes

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

not videos, but http://legendsoflocalization.com/ usually translates reactions from japanese shitposter imageboards within a few days

quote:

If they’re gonna put Cloud in there, I think they should really put in popular characters from Famicom and Super Famicom games that were pillars of those systems.

Someone like Goemon, or Goemon, or Goemon…

Or maybe no kids these days know who Goemon is?

quote:

As always, the Internet filth of Japan gives a coldhearted response.

You should at least accept that Cloud’s in the game mostly for foreign gamers. The fact he’s in the game shows that your opinions mean almost nothing anyway.

quote:

Screw this crap! Put Snake in!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Goemon is cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the tower of druaga mii costume is cool too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

the tower of druaga mii costume is cool too

Ya that was chill

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Goemon is cool
It would be extremely good if he was in Smash.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Kins posted:

not videos, but http://legendsoflocalization.com/ usually translates reactions from japanese shitposter imageboards within a few days

quote:

They should just make Smash like LoL where it’s free to play and you can pay to get more characters

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

street fighter 5 is the best of both worlds

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Yea I think they're boring to use, annoying to fight against, and usually not very interesting looking. I liked them when it was part of Marth and Roy's fencer gimmick and not a standard ability. Bayonetta's seems cool though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Kins posted:

Theyre right.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

elf help book posted:

Goemon is cool

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

The Kins posted:

thanks but... i can't help but wonder, abouts omething: why is their logo a moldy dorito? (can doritos even grow mold?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm 1000% sure the only reason Snake wasnt in was Konami being absolute fuckers. They even put the disclaimer before Bayonetta to hint that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm 1000% sure the only reason Snake wasnt in was Konami being absolute fuckers. They even put the disclaimer before Bayonetta to hint that.

after blocking kojima from going to the game awards im willing to believe anything

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Do the japanese not like FFVII too much?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Final Fantasy 4 is their FF7

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Soral posted:

nothing will sell more copies of the new fire emblem than the already-announced spouse rubbing minigame and gay marriage candidates

excuse me what

Did they put that pokemon petting thing in FE fates

why

Soral
May 30, 2009

Harrow posted:

excuse me what

why

yes. the fire emblem guys have completely lost their minds.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Of course hes singing a different tune.. dudes got dollar signs in his eyes from Bayo amiibo sales alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Harrow posted:

excuse me what

why

• Locked thread