Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This comic loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dope rear end art, dudes beating on wizards, cool ladies, hell yeah.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sally the Salamander Witch. Whoah.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sharkopath posted:

Sally the Salamander Witch. Whoah.

Sharkopath stop posting like this. It's an annoying gimmick.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Won't post at all. Done.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Would rather have Sharky gushing about the series in multiple posts than read people constantly talking about how this series is treading old ground.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Would rather have Sharky gushing about the series in multiple posts than read people constantly talking about how this series is treading old ground.

I agree with this and that psycho scientist girlfriend is pretty cool.

IS this now a harem manga? I count at least 4 girls interested in him and one girl he is interested in but no return due to her being a nun

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AtomikKrab posted:

I agree with this and that psycho scientist girlfriend is pretty cool.

IS this now a harem manga? I count at least 4 girls interested in him and one girl he is interested in but no return due to her being a nun

4? I know there's the princess, the other princess, and the tall girl.

Who's the fourth?

EDIT: Oh, right, the evil scientist.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Same, honestly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This sequence is probably my favorite scene in the manga so far; I just really like these sorta scenes where you have this contrast between what looks to be a small, delicate motion which then is shown to be overwhelmingly powerful and destructive.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I read through the first chapter and thought it was really cool. The artwork is really good, and the action is easy to understand and fast paced. I'm going to continue reading now.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I read through the first chapter and thought it was really cool. The artwork is really good, and the action is easy to understand and fast paced. I'm going to continue reading now.

are there scans that aren't completely rear end for the first couple chapters or are you just soldiering on through them?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just soldiered through because I decided that I wanted to get to where Sharky was postin' about.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Erg posted:

are there scans that aren't completely rear end for the first couple chapters or are you just soldiering on through them?

Well they're clean enough to make out whats happening in the story, but alot of the japanese text hasn't been removed, and the english words are sort of just floating out in space.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Well they're clean enough to make out whats happening in the story, but alot of the japanese text hasn't been removed, and the english words are sort of just floating out in space.

oh that's too bad. i was reading it as it was coming out and kept thinking that i'd love to reread it when a competent group came back and redid the start

like the name of the guild changes two or three times within the span of 5 chapters and it's dumb

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Marilyn Manson is in this manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

oh that's too bad. i was reading it as it was coming out and kept thinking that i'd love to reread it when a competent group came back and redid the start

like the name of the guild changes two or three times within the span of 5 chapters and it's dumb

well it's in WSJ so there's an official translation of it. given their back issue system i suppose that's not super helpful though

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I actually think it's pretty clever. Usually Shonen protagonists are completely oblivious idiots when it comes to love. But the reason Asta shows no interest in all the women throwing themselves at his feet is because he's too much in love with a freaking nun!

I just wish there was more to him beside that and "I WANNA BE THE WIZARD KING!" Asta's motivations are kinda lacking at the moment and I just can't bring myself to care about him. So it's not surprising when his best moments are when he stands up for other people, or is hanging out with some kids.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Asta is very one note, but even though the rest of the characters are anime cliche-esque theyre positive reworkings that genuinely make them more interesting.

Also the emotional/character growth >> more power is a concept I like very much, rather than the 'I trained' or an asspull. Its even used really well with the curse mage who probably hasnt changed at all since he got his grimoire and is developmentally stagnant due to his massive ego.

Now I wonder if negative character growth also causes more power. Like becoming more ruthless or filled with anger.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So the Wizard King isn't actually the king, he is just the head of the magical forces. Some translations call him the sorcery king instead, I think the appropriate western title would be.

Sorcerer General

(yes it is a joke on inspector general deal with it.)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Continuing on my damning with faint praise; it's kinda cool that they haven't had Aster turn into whatever monster he's obviously supposed to be yet when there have been ample opportunities to do so.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The worst thing I could say about this comic is that the chapters aren't long enough and there need to be more of them!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

This looks fun and art is nice. Hopefully it won't be too draggy later on. Also reminds me of Magi before it went dumb.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also uptight Steel magic guy is a Blonde Iida from MHA and I love it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Just caught up and really enjoying this manga. Fairly well written imo and lots of different hints being dropped about bigger grander things.

Really enjoyed seeking the most powerful guy bust out some magic early on. But once again, the females in this manga are either swooning over the main character or strutting around in barely anything.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
In the latest chapter, Gauche ditching after grabbing his sister was fairly amusing.

Mainly just setup for the mud-man fight next chapter.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
He's been adding in a lot of cheesecake lately. I'm not sure why, but for some reason it feels like a poor fit for this series.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Creepy Mad Scientist Stalker GF is pretty much exactly that and actually plays it very well.

Also she is loopy and nuts.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I love nun.

Powerful nun.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

did we already cover the fact that salamander magic lady's name is Sally?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Erg posted:

did we already cover the fact that salamander magic lady's name is Sally?

The Salamander Mage is named Sally. Sally the Salamander Mage.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Oh, good

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Good name.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Calling it now, MarieXMarco couple of the year 2016.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Well

at least the nun is cool?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Well

at least the nun is cool?

I feel so bad saying this after the last chapter, the feels the feeeels.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think we may have another person who exercises.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So the villains are randbots.
Nooice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So basically you know someone is super powerful when they do that thing where they move and attack everyone in a single frame. This is basically the badguy version of what the sorcery emperor did when he clowned the badguys last arc.

I do like that while the badguy is predictably violent and nuts he actually seems to really care about his subordinates and gets really upset when someone harms them. Unlike almost every other shounen the badguys actually might have a reason to like their boss!