Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Patware posted:

showing stress via cigarette smoking is a very time-tested visual beat

Yeah, but a full ashtray?

...I need to expand my horizons...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just as One Piece gets put of Wano, Black Clover heads to Wano....

Wano Act 4 starts now!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are we supposed to have any clue who the guy in the last panel is

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Julias posted:

Just as One Piece gets put of Wano, Black Clover heads to Wano....

Wano Act 4 starts now!

Just like how when Berserk got off the boat, Hunter x Hunter got on the boat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mabels big day posted:

Are we supposed to have any clue who the guy in the last panel is

He very obviously got yeeted to yamis hometown

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He very obviously got yeeted to yamis hometown

They're talking about how that dude seems to know Asta and might he someone we already know.

My money is on another LN exclusive character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

They're talking about how that dude seems to know Asta and might he someone we already know.

My money is on another LN exclusive character.

I don't think the mysterious figure knows who Asta is personally.

Could be in the context of "Heard some guy came crashing into our island from the sky, there he is."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well. i appreciate how direct he is.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

called it.
time for a training aaaaaaarc

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

now that its a completely different manga black clover is a little cool again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

called it.
time for a training aaaaaaarc

And the training arc has been happening in Magical "NOT" Japan! :v: So Yami has the Itachi backstory of killing his entire clan save for one sibling, no idea why yet. Though by the looks of it, having an alcoholic abusive father resentful at being put in a remote part of the country sure sounds like that will be a reason!

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/black-clover-chapter-342/chapter/25733?action=read

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Sasuke of Black Clover turns out to be an eleventh-hour Asta harem add (probably).

In hindsight, it couldn't have been any other way. :allears:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I think it's quite funny that Yami has pretty much the same backstory as Itachi.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
So we just need the main villain to introduce a squad of 26 new characters each themed after a letter of the alphabet now?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m guessing she’s actually more upset because he left her alone rather than the clan massacre

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

good job black clover you took one of the few characters i can still stand and just put a big-rear end scoop of 'already done' on top of him

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jesus this thread hasn't been updated since October??? Well this poo poo is apparently a twice a month manga now??

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/black-clover-chapter-348/chapter/26124?action=read

Yeah Asta, believes in himself or whatever gently caress I don't know anymore.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He did the training arc and now he can do the new power
yay

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Jiro posted:

Jesus this thread hasn't been updated since October??? Well this poo poo is apparently a twice a month manga now??

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/black-clover-chapter-348/chapter/26124?action=read

Yeah Asta, believes in himself or whatever gently caress I don't know anymore.

it's because it's simply not even worth posting about. like it's not even actively bad, it's just continuing to be the same poo poo reusing beats everything else has already done before but without bothering to spend the time with characters being fun that makes it palatable. a rice cake of shounen action

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Patware posted:

it's because it's simply not even worth posting about. like it's not even actively bad, it's just continuing to be the same poo poo reusing beats everything else has already done before but without bothering to spend the time with characters being fun that makes it palatable. a rice cake of shounen action

In other words, it's mid.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Black clover is something i come back to after a year or so and catch up and think "hey this isnt really so bad! I kind of like it!" And then read weekly for a month and get bored and the cycle repeats

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I think I only read this manga because it was part of my Toonami backlog. While there's a few decent parts of it, they decline hard on reread, and the rest is a melange of forgettable mediocrity and mild disappointment. On the plus side, there's only minimal power creep, and the female cast isn't useless.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Delphisage posted:

I think I only read this manga because it was part of my Toonami backlog. While there's a few decent parts of it, they decline hard on reread, and the rest is a melange of forgettable mediocrity and mild disappointment. On the plus side, there's only minimal power creep, and the female cast isn't useless.

Still putting Mereoleona on watch due to recent trends in Jump.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

Still putting Mereoleona on watch due to recent trends in Jump.

Tabata would never seriously maim her like Mirko and Nobara. If he was ever going to, he had ample opportunity to do so over the course of the series.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 25, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Black clover is something i come back to after a year or so and catch up and think "hey this isnt really so bad! I kind of like it!" And then read weekly for a month and get bored and the cycle repeats

currently on the catchup part of this cycle

it never really goes beyond "pretty good" but i like it, asta is a loveable scamp. really needs any downtime at all though, it's just non-stop desperate last stands at all times

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looks like Wano Act 4/5 is over now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Black Clover is best when it is goofy characters interacting, which it hasn't done for quite a while. The Charmy joke from the most recent chapter was fun though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just started watching the anime, so far I am super early it's just generic shonen but well done enough that I don't mind going through it. I knew that Asta screams a lot in the anime but holy moly give the VA an award his vocal cords must be made out of steel.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

now imagine: it literally never improves or has a new idea from there

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Patware posted:

now imagine: it literally never improves or has a new idea from there

Ya I am kinda waiting for the first real arc so far it hasn't had that. The exam arc was very weak, of course when you think of "exam arcs" you think of HxH or Naruto which did it quite well, this was just kinda I guess they just pass?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Just to remind people the Black Clover movie comes out on Netflix in just a few hours. I'm pretty excited to see the whole cast animated again. Hopefully, this means they can continue the anime afterwards, as while the initial few episodes were hated I feel like they fixed most of the issues near the end of the series.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

for me to poop on! nahahahaha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched the movie and it has some awkward points due to the whole "Julius being the final big bad" plot twist.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Black Clover has finally graduated into "Naruto sharing his Kyubi chakra" portion of the final arc apparently.

All I hope is we get another brawl with whatshisface using that Soul Chain magic and just turning into a really good issue of Ippo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Black Clover is moving to Jump GIGA because Tataba is being turned to dust by weekly publishing.

https://twitter.com/nite_baron/status/1692065268866957525

Jump GIGA is quarterly, so new chapters every 3 months.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

unironically glad the mangaka will no longer be killing himself making a mediocre manga

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Will the new chapters still be on Viz's Shonen Jump app? I'm like a year behind on the story and I'd like to eventually catch up some day and it would suck if the version I read just stops halfway through the last arc

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Is Giga the magazine Boruto is running in?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm pretty sure it'll still be on the viz app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is Giga the magazine Boruto is running in?

No Boruto is monthly.