Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

cams posted:

tbh i wanted to put trump at 0%

There's a reasonable probability that ISIS, or homegrown ISIS-supporters, will stage a minor attack within America (Or upon American interests abroad) during the election campaign and killing some insignificant number of people, resulting in the latent cowardice and insecurity of the American public voting Trump into power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

cams posted:

66% hillary
12% jeb
9% bernie
7% trump
4% rubio
2% christie

that's what my gut says right now. i had in n out earlier.

Swap Jeb and Rubio and I more or less agree.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Wheeee posted:

There's a reasonable probability that ISIS, or homegrown ISIS-supporters, will stage a minor attack within America (Or upon American interests abroad) during the election campaign and killing some insignificant number of people, resulting in the latent cowardice and insecurity of the American public voting Trump into power.
no, i think the american public would still go with hillary if it happened during a trump/hillary general. it would greatly benefit any other republican, but i think a scared america would rather take clinton than donald trump. she seems safer to the idiot low information voter who might otherwise vote for trump because he's not a washington fatcat.

americans suddenly having a really important reason to pay attention to the presidential election, like a strong need for foreign intervention caused by a catastrophic event, means trump is done.

Jewel Repetition posted:

the frequency with which the scary rubio rumors get brought up makes me think they are accurate, and that spot is my "chance of literally buying an election" spot and i still think that's jeb's, all said and done. which is good, cause i think rubio would have the best chance of winning the presidency of all republicans. jeb still a better chance than trump though

cams has issued a correction as of 10:10 on Dec 30, 2015

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Gonna be lots of disappointed voters itt

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Barack Obama, wearing a disguise that fools no one and using the name Baquack Obamailure.

srsly tho it's gonna be Hildawg

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

75% chance of Dem victory feels pretty optimistic to me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wheeee posted:

I think if something like what happens in Paris happened here. (mutiple coordinated attacks with bombings) or something worse. i could see that.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

cams posted:

no, i think the american public would still go with hillary if it happened during a trump/hillary general. it would greatly benefit any other republican, but i think a scared america would rather take clinton than donald trump. she seems safer to the idiot low information voter who might otherwise vote for trump because he's not a washington fatcat.

At her best Hillary comes across as a stone cold killbot so she comes across much better when giving a speech about ISIS than the stiff unnatural political Hillary pretending to run a relaxing, genuine birthday party. I'm not really sweating the foreign policy side and am more worried about HIillary being asked to tell a joke.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
a dangerously important task for a president, truly

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Hillary. If for nothing else than the middle of the political spectrum sort of understands that the Republican party offers approximately zero when it comes to civic leadership.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Electing Hillary is like electing your flatulent stroke-prone grandma President.
Maybe that's why she wanted the bathroom to herself at the debates. *NEWS FLASH* HILLARY FARTS! I can't blame her.

Seriously, she took a bad whack in the sconce a while ago. She might die in office.
So who she picks as VP might be very important.
E: I would like to see Trump win it, just because I wanna see where this is going.
I think millions of Murkins are so sick to death of the smell of horse-poo poo drifting on a wind blowing from an easterly direction* that they feel the same- let's kick over the gambler's poker table and see who starts shooting.

I'm old enough so I don't care much if it all melts down into chaos and your kids cook like tempura shrimp in nuclear fire. Crackle crackle pop sizzle POP-POP.
Baking like potatoes in the ashes of their iPhones, X-Boxen, suburban McMansions and foolish American Consumerism in general.
Fuckem.
E:
*Stolen from Frank Zappa.

zimboe has issued a correction as of 14:42 on Jan 2, 2016

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Betting markets have it about 60% Democrats vs 40% repubs which feels about right. It's definately not 70-30.

So with that I say:

58% Hillary
0.5% Bernie
0.25% O'Malley
0.25% Biden (Really someone gets drafted at the convention if something bad happens to Hilldawg)

22% Rubio
10% Cruz (crushes Iowa and no one else can get their shut together, Rubio continues to run for Florida governer)
2% Trump (really this is 'chance that trump doesn't lose to badly in Iowa, wins NH, there is a major terrorist attack on US soil during the early primaries but after Iowa and the economy tanks in the general')
2% Jeb! (Route is places 2nd in NH behind trump and Rubio explodes somehow)
3% Christie (Route is win NH
1% The field ( This might be too high)

It's hard to predict the not Rubio establishment picks and trump because there are so many factors at play. Is Rubio going to start trying to win? If not there are several plausible establishment candidates, who is going to do best at NH, which is the most likely springboard for consolidation.

I think Cruz is a real shot now.

The Non Hillary democrat chance is basically 'Actual scandal or adverse health event on Hillary'

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Nessus posted:

Hillary Rodham Tessier-Ashpool.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
where are all the white women with titties at

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Ted Cruz is a supermegaultra genius who's been planning this run for his entire life and has ingeniously set the chessboard for his liking. He's not seen as the wacko insane fringe candidate because of Trump, yet once people realize Trump isn't electable and Trump can't compete from a position that isn't power, Cruz is right there to swallow up all of Trump's supporters, white hoods and all. No one from the establishment has any kind of support and given four/eight more years of Dems holding the White House, especially Hillary whom they've been at war with for the better part of three decades now, they'll line up, wallets out, and take that Cruz dick hard.

Cruz/Haley, who aced her audition of "go on TV and don't come off as a Palin-level moron" the other night; the teeth thing will go away with time and surgery. Cruz obliterates Hillary in the debates, just thrashing her at every turn, it's like Floyd Mayweather in there against Christopher Reeves. When Hillary nominates a white man as her VP since the Castro twins won't attach themselves to a sinking ship (and if not we'll just have Mama Castro sent packing...), we can play the female card in defense mode to block and the race card on offense with Nimrata. Cruz clears 350 electoral congress votes easily and brings America back to where it needs to be.

I mean, I'm voting D, but still.

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit
My money is on Romney. I know nobody is really talking about him but I think the field is ripe for him to swoop in and take Republicans by storm as a dark horse candidate. Still has a couple days before Iowa primary to announce...

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit

C. Everett Koop posted:

Ted Cruz is a supermegaultra genius who's been planning this run for his entire life and has ingeniously set the chessboard for his liking. He's not seen as the wacko insane fringe candidate because of Trump, yet once people realize Trump isn't electable and Trump can't compete from a position that isn't power, Cruz is right there to swallow up all of Trump's supporters, white hoods and all. No one from the establishment has any kind of support and given four/eight more years of Dems holding the White House, especially Hillary whom they've been at war with for the better part of three decades now, they'll line up, wallets out, and take that Cruz dick hard.

There's only one thing standing in his way... Birtherism, it's not just for Democrats.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
It's going to be Trump, stop kidding yourselves.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Cruz can't lose.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i will be president

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
People who literally hate Trumps guts are still more willing to vote for him than Hillary I'm starting to find out. Even those who are democratic. So I don't know, my gut is starting to move towards trump if he can pull it off. I'm seriously at the point where I'll vote for him without any irony because I hate this whole thing and figure what the gently caress can he do worse than any of the others?

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

It's gonna be Trump. The leadership of both political parties hate him. So suck my Trump, assholes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lmao at this loving country if the wife of a multiple-rapist gets into office. More embarrassing than Donald loving Trump.

Bernie is going to win Iowa and NH, possibly SC as well. Biden is going to endorse him outright, Obama might as well for shits and giggles. His odds are going to climb drastically in the next couple months unless something serious happens. Bernie 2016.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

lmao at this loving country if the wife of a multiple-rapist gets into office. More embarrassing than Donald loving Trump.

Uh... what?

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST U RETARDED gently caress

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Mendicant posted:

BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST U RETARDED gently caress

No he's not.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He might be, no one really knows! But everyone sure acts like they do.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

I know someone that might know! Maybe Trump will ask Jeffery Epstein?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I refuse to vote for a rapist or a maybe rapist or someone who might be related to a rapist so I can only vote for someone who I know has never had sex.

It's one more reason to vote for Ted Cruz because his wife and children are a false flag.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Fine, he's [i]probably[i] not a rapist.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I refuse to vote for a rapist or a maybe rapist or someone who might be related to a rapist so I can only vote for someone who I know has never had sex.

It's one more reason to vote for Ted Cruz because his wife and children are a false flag.

Oh thank god he didn't have sex.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Clinton.

But I've been Coakley'd before.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Even if he's not a rapist it's pretty hosed up how he acted like a sexual predator towards a young intern and then changed the narrative so she was a jezebel who seduced him.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There are some nuanced arguments in this thread, but I feel that Bernie Sanders will be the president.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Petey posted:

Clinton.

Looking at how susceptible Hillary is to Bernie Sanders in Iowa and NH, I don't see her commanding a powerful lead in the national polls and maintaining it- she's Martha Coakley on a national level.

I don't want her to be in the general because 'too big to fail' fails a lot these days.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I heard she's gonna change her name to Hillary Clemson

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Petey posted:

I just looked her up and apparently she is now DraftKings' legal advisor :lol:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

lots of time wasted on bad predictions in this thread. the President is going to be the same network of banks and defense contractors that it always is, who cares which doll they set up in front of the shop

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Earwicker posted:

lots of time wasted on bad predictions in this thread. the President is going to be the same network of banks and defense contractors that it always is, who cares which doll they set up in front of the shop

thank you for your cool, edgy and original opinion. it opened my eyes to the reality.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

unfortunately it is not cool or edgy nor is it an opinion, it is simply a fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

you have convinced me

• Locked thread