Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
God drat, this was the first thing Michael Madsen was good in since Kill Bill. Not a coincidence, I'm guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AppleCider posted:

It took me a while to realize the exchange between Mannix and Tim Roth's character about coming to town for the hanging of some criminal they named was complete bullshit, and whoever started that line of conversation was banking on the other person being full of poo poo, as well.

We don't know enough to firmly say that it's a bullshit story. Either that's the case and Mannix isn't really the sheriff, or there was information on the real Oswaldo Mobray that allowed him to avoid getting caught in a lie.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don't see any justification thematically or plot-wise for the letter being real. Warren mouthing along to Mannix reading the letter doesn't indicate that. The (fake) letter still meant a lot to Warren because it was his successful tool for survival in America. His own creativity allowed him to disarm white folks and survive.

Saw this in 70mm for the second time last night. I wanted to see it one more time before it moves on. Good that I did too, because I didn't get a program the first time around. Some things I noticed on the second viewing:

- it's really apparent on a second viewing how suspicious and pragmatic Warren is throughout. Like obviously on the first time I noticed him looking at the jelly bean on the floor, but for whatever reason I didn't catch that he also noticed the missing container on the top of the shelf until viewing 2
- not that it matters, but I didn't see any evidence to whether Gage or Mobray is the one who actually poisons the coffee
- I felt stronger about Mannix actually being the sheriff this time. If he wasn't, he'd have no justification for not shooting Gage when he's unarmed.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The song is "Jim Jones at Botany Bay". It's a traditional Aussie folk song about a captured prisoner on a transport ship. Dylan has recorded it as "Botany Bay".

When Ruth asks for another verse, Domergue literally ends by saying "and you'll be dead behind me John when I go on to Mexico"

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Steve2911 posted:

Sounds like everyone except Kurt Russell was a bit thick in that situation.

Tarantino probably planned it out because it would be cool though.

Kurt Russell's job is to stay in character and give a good performance. Is he going to stop each take and go "yes, before we smash this we can all confirm that it's a replica, right?"??

He's not the propmaster. Like it's a real bummer that an antique got broken but the guitar nerds posting on social media like "it's a crime! I'll go out of my way to NOT see this movie!" are getting annoying.

• Locked thread