Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

what did they add to it to make it a sequel, like did it understand more words or like how do you expand on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

it learned... to suffer and to empathize...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think you had to talk to more than just Pikachu. I definitely played it as well, but I never owned it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Pookum posted:

the OG digimon were kinda gay because they would start evolving while you were in school and there was no way to stop the sound and they were pretty much glorified tamagotchi that could fight each other. but the pedometer versions were cool and probably kept kids active

Yeah, THATS why they were kinda gay.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

cool setup

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Did You Think I Was Joking Mother FUcker???

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
zany cards

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

absolutely anything posted:

:wooper:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

can it run japanese games

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

can it run japanese games

yeah

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i recommend putting the card game collection directly in the trash

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

nothing "zany" about those games

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

What's with the gold stamp

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its an arcade token. i put it there to show how tiny it was but afterwards i realized its not a standard coin so its not a good reference oops. its the only coin i had on me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
That's sick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

When I was a kid the Crazy Cards game seemed like the coolest one- it's strange to see all these years later that that's not true.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

nothing "zany" about those games

team rocket is in it and you have to button through their entire intro speech in text form

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

pikachu sitting in the back acting like he's the smartest motherfucker in the group

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i should hope hes smarter than a couple of babies

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hes not. hes a bitch

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Powerful collection, congrats

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i recommend putting the card game collection directly in the trash

Please probate this fucktard again tyia

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

its an arcade token. i put it there to show how tiny it was but afterwards i realized its not a standard coin so its not a good reference oops. its the only coin i had on me

Its loving badass that the only coin you had on you was an arcade token.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Its loving badass that the only coin you had on you was an arcade token.
The year is 2069. The only accepted currency is games.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Out of breath from playing DDR

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The only arcade token i have left is a times square peep show token from years before i was born that i have no idea how i got

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all the arcades around me closed

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the only arcade i ever seen was the one in garden city south carolina which is where my family goes to the beach on vacation and it didn't have cool games or the machines were broken and it was full of shirtless extremely tanned local kids talking about weed all the time

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I went to a bar that had a dig dug cabinet and a standup Daytona usa cabinet the other night. It was fun

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

theres an arcade in ann arbor called "pinball petes" its ok, but its honestly not the greatest. sometimes it floods and gets damaged from melting snow, because it is below ground. they have a large selection of pinball machines, as the name might imply, but also many bemani titles such as ddr and para para paradise, along with a whole bevy of fighting cabinets

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
There was an independent game store in my hometown that had a beautiful collection of neo geo cabinets but they all broke and then they just walled off the room they were in with a shelf of Genesis games. Made me a sad panda.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A small arcade opened in my neighborhood a few years ago. It was open for about two years and had to go through something like 2-3 fundraisers to keep itself open. Sad to see it go, it was a fairly fun place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a few arcades not too far from me but I haven't gone to any because I don't want to go to an arcade by myself.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

when I was a Teen I would go to a laser tag place to play ddr pseudo-competitively, later on I would also discover that a relatively near-by dave n busters had multiple "Pump it Up" rigs, which was the korean rip-off that used diagonals instead of cardinal directions... those were the days...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was a teen and we went to visit my stepdad's family in Salem MA there was this insanely win arcade at a park called the Willows that had a ton of then-brand new games like Time Crisis, Harley-Davidson LA Riders, The Lost World, etc. along with classics like the Simpsons, Pac-Man, etc. I miss that place

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

though i was never really a part of an arcade community, when i watched that street fighter documentary i found myself longing for a time when they still existed, or like at least wanting some semblance of them in the modern era, but I also understand why they basically failed in america so its w/e

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arcades only made sense back when computers were too expensive and consoles were too underpowered. And with the internet you can replace the whole other people part of it too. That said I have a lot of fond Gaming Feels from my sister and I trying to beat each other's score in Metal Slug or random pinball tables or whatever.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Meet me at the Barcade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to try and hit up a barcade with the family this weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My mom and dad used to be Pac Man fiends in the day, so they'd probably get a kick out of seeing Millenials appropriating their culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

there is this arcade bar by my house but I've never been because 90 percent of the time the bar is dead and more expensive/less interesting than the place next door and the other 10 percent of the time it's full of under aged university girls and random acts of violence.

• Locked thread