Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

AlleyViper posted:

It also doesn't bother me as much for pitchers because there is the occasional pitcher who really has that limited stamina. Bob Wickman once talked about how his limit was basically 15 pitches before he would get gassed, which basically jives with someone like Nigel Sung. A handful of those guys floating around the league is no big deal.

Yeah I've got Tony Glass (boy is that an appropriate name) in my organization, and his DUR makes usage impossible to figure since if he pitches, he has to wait 10 days to pitch again. I think a lower limit of 10 on either side would be a lot easier to manage around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So i'm going to go ahead and guess absolutely no one wants in on a fantasy league?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Not I, thank you.

I'm still sore about the Walt Cummings trade Beepers made tbh.

Cummings for Ismael Barrios ($20M option declined, gone after 1/2 season, re-signed with SFE), Bill Butler (no-bat SS) and Norm Bundy (traded back to SFE the next offseason for Stan Dixon, a middling SP) :gonk:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I can't hate too hard on Santayana because I've been using Vinny Kobayashi as my backup catcher forever, I mean he's not quite at the same level as Santayana but it's similar in principle

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Not I, thank you.

I'm still sore about the Walt Cummings trade Beepers made tbh.

Cummings for Ismael Barrios ($20M option declined, gone after 1/2 season, re-signed with SFE), Bill Butler (no-bat SS) and Norm Bundy (traded back to SFE the next offseason for Stan Dixon, a middling SP) :gonk:

I have explored the idea that Cummings's knee exploding was for a year and change injury that he didn't fully recover from was karmic retribution for that

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Yeah, Cummings is really suffering in production after that one

Four injury recovery snapshots, I seriously don't think I've ever seen that

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

jeffersonlives posted:

I have explored the idea that Cummings's knee exploding was for a year and change injury that he didn't fully recover from was karmic retribution for that

His memoir will be titled "Cummings and Goings"

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Hey guys just checkin' in to see how my old team is doi-:yikes:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Shovel.gif

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Listen I don't post shovel.gif before NXT Paul sings, I did blow a 3-0 lead to you in a SLB championship once

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Yes well when my league leading pitching doesn't pitch and my offense attempts 2 steals in 3 games

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not dead yet!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
There it is

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Juan Santayana

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Acceptable

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I am renewing but I have to wait until I get paid next so I apologize if it isn't right away

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Apology not accepted

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm also renewing, I didn't realize it was late enough to have to apologize about it.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I'm still undecided about renewing since I'm poor and unemployed.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Tavarin posted:

I'm still undecided about renewing since I'm poor and unemployed.

If you want to keep playing I got you, but I also understand if you want to let HBD die in a fire.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Scrotos posted:

If you want to keep playing I got you, but I also understand if you want to let HBD die in a fire.

I'll stick around so there's less of a chance of more rpsrn's joining the league.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Tavarin posted:

I'll stick around so there's less of a chance of more rpsrn's joining the league.

Gift certificate sent.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I have no desire to give WIS any more money so I'm done at least for a while. As a parting gift please veto any Bud Wise trades for me.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think i'm done with Dimaggio. As much as it pains me to leave Braulio Canseco and Terrence Weinhardt, I think it's clear i'm never going to win anything in this world. Now to win 100+ games again in Clemens and get bounced in the first round!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

I have no desire to give WIS any more money so I'm done at least for a while. As a parting gift please veto any Bud Wise trades for me.

Well that's a bummer

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

We're never filling, are we?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

We're never filling, are we?

Nope.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

v:goleft:v

http://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/World/Home.aspx?worldid=-123&password=Erik%20Bishop

Erik Bishop

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I'm actively trying to use twitter less going forward so if anyone is curious just give them the summary of the ins and outs of the game and then the link above, don't direct them to me please. Thanks

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

I directed a couple of people who play the apparently similar Super League thing to this thread that will hopefully be showing up

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I can come back to my team if you can't find anyone

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

+ This was mean because I am frustrated so I have edited it out

ThatsMyBoye fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 14, 2016

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Tease

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

+ This was mean because I am frustrated so I have edited it out

The damage was already done. I saw your original post. I have never been so hurt and insulted in my life.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I don't like being mean so I'll instead say please decide definitively

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

I don't like being mean so I'll instead say please decide definitively

Honestly I really wasn't planning on coming back, but if you really need people I will. That's all I said. I'm not waffling.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Art we have 11 vacancies so yeah we could use the help to fill

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Give me the password and i'll be in tomorrow, but i'm probably picking a different team, unless anyone has a problem with that. I'm going to try to do exactly what i've done in Clemens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

• Locked thread