Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

oh , also, remember, the new castlevania. the kickstarter one

I hope its good.. I think it will be but I hope so too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In addition to looking forward to many announced games, like La-Mulana 2 and the 3ds Dragon Quests, I am looking forward to a new year with all sorts of unexpected gaming surprises.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

I hope its good.. I think it will be but I hope so too

itll be great , theyve got awesome ppl working on it. like, ayami kojima and yoshitaka amano, the SOTN music lady, igarashi himself, and they even have david hayter doing voice acting for it . it will freaking pwn

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dark Souls 3, Dragons Dogma, Persona 5, Hyper Light Drifter, Firewatch, Barkley 2, the new Deus Ex although Im worried about it and of course, the Blizzard MOBA FPS Overwatch.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bayonetta in smash. I don't know if I'll be able to play as anyone else once February gets here.

I.N.R.I posted:

itll be great , theyve got awesome ppl working on it. like, ayami kojima and yoshitaka amano, the SOTN music lady, igarashi himself, and they even have david hayter doing voice acting for it . it will freaking pwn

I gave them a lot of money and I'm going to get an autograph from the SOTN and Order of Ecclesia music lady, Michiru Yamane.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I keep forgetting about Barkley 2 but I'm looking forward to that as well

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now mostly just Dragon's Dogma PC probably. I pre-ordered SF5 so I'll probably look forward to trying to learn how to play, since ever since I saw that one of R. Mika's moves is a stone cold stunner I kind of have to.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pablo Gigante posted:

I keep forgetting about Barkley 2 but I'm looking forward to that as well

is that confirmed. i want to believe

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I forgot about Dishonored 2 but I'm also fairly sure it's gonna get delayed to 2017

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mount and Blade II and Dark Souls III are the big ones but there's a lot of good stuff coming out... looks like 2016 is going to be only slightly less insanely win than 2015.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Mount and Blade II and Dark Souls III are the big ones but there's a lot of good stuff coming out... looks like 2016 is going to be only slightly less insanely win than 2015.

I think itll be even better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Right now mostly just Dragon's Dogma PC probably. I pre-ordered SF5 so I'll probably look forward to trying to learn how to play, since ever since I saw that one of R. Mika's moves is a stone cold stunner I kind of have to.

I beat someone in the beta with a stunner and felt like a drat boss. One of her moves is she pulls out a mic and starts cutting a promo and the longer you trash talk the more your next combo is powered up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I beat someone in the beta with a stunner and felt like a drat boss. One of her moves is she pulls out a mic and starts cutting a promo and the longer you trash talk the more your next combo is powered up.

Sweet.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
definitely: new fire emblem 3ds, bayonetta in smash
tentatively: SF5, FExSMT, new Deus Ex, Star Fox 0

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Mount and Blade: Bannerlord

:yeah:

Looking forward to XCom 2 and Dragons Dogma on PC too

And Stellaris

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh hell yeah they remixed the Superstar Saga battle theme for Paper Jam. I'm even more excited for january 22nd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYLQl98orI

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I think itll be even better

I thought it would be near-impossible to beat the Bloodborne/MGSV combo but I just remembered Fire Emblem: Fates, XCOM 2, Stellaris, and maybe No Man's Sky, in addition to the two in my previous post, and hell: you're probably right.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i cant believe anything about no mans sky will be interesting

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

Me neeths

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No Man's Sky: Whatever

No Man's SkiFree: Freak. YES.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

No Man's Sky: Whatever

No Man's SkiFree: Freak. YES.
A Souls-style SkiFree game with procedurally generated hills where every yeti is another player... *In Kramer voice* Oh, mama

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Everything they've shown of FE Fates looks like moe AIDS garbage I believe.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You spelled "more" wrong.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Localization team has spent like a year figuring out how to deal with this lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Localization team has spent like a year figuring out how to deal with this lol.

I'll buy the game if they inject it with as many memes as they can.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'll buy the game if they inject it with as many memes as they can.

You'll buy anything dude. Your Steam level is over 9000.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'll probably play it a year after release and skip all the cutscenes.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

You spelled "more" wrong.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about it other than "it's a new Fire Emblem on the 3DS and I'm having a lot of fun with Awakening."

I have a weakness for No Man's Sky because I really like games about exploring and the promises they've made make it sound like it will be really good at that but I realize there's at least a 50/50 chance that the procedural generation doesn't live up to the promises and everything ends up bland and samey like most generated games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about it other than "it's a new Fire Emblem on the 3DS and I'm having a lot of fun with Awakening."

I have a weakness for No Man's Sky because I really like games about exploring and the promises they've made make it sound like it will be really good at that but I realize there's at least a 50/50 chance that the procedural generation doesn't live up to the promises and everything ends up bland and samey like most generated games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

whats a good one that arent roguelikes or spelunky

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
dark souls III is the big one for me, but new deus ex is exciting too. i'm really skeptical about no man's sky, but i'll be keeping an eye out. there are a few sidescrolling souls inspired games that i'm also looking forward to, like salt and sanctuary.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pokémon R/B/Y on 3DS

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
No.man's sky kinda looks like the random empty planets you can land on in Mass Effect 1, except an entire game of it

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Pokémon R/B/Y on 3DS

Oh. Oh yes, this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honestly think people who are excited for No Man's Sky, the game that has look bland, lifeless, and empty for the last 10 years of teaser trailers, should reevaluate their life choices.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish those guys woulda made a new Joe Danger instead

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I'll probably play it a year after release and skip all the cutscenes.

Son of a bitch! You're killing me here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:grin:

• Locked thread