Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

1/2
This is new studio's logo. Looks like a medieval knight and also a space suit.

quote:

2/2
It expresses the vision of "aiming the new world with the latest technology and pioneering spirit".

I'm going to read into that as being about VR because I want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Average Bear posted:

I want a loving girlfriend.

It's easy to get one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Benny D posted:

I love hideo and I know everyone else here does too but the more this konami nonsense goes on the more it feels like one of those situations where your buddy has a smoking hot girlfriend & none of you can believe he would have ever kicked her out but you aren't the ones putting up with her poo poo every day

yeah, maybe, if it weren't for all the insane stuff like removing kojima's name from MGSV, patching TPP to do the same, and not letting him accept awards for the game he created

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm loving tired of hearing about this guy.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you don't love Metal Gear I can see why. I love Kojima.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you sound like valvedrones talking about gabe

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bideo Kojames

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ya it's weird how some ppl idolize him and act like he's some kind of god but the man does make some extremely good games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I used to feel the way Kojima fanboys feel about him, but about Will Wright. And then he made Spore, and I learned that no man is God, and accepted the Savior into my heart.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

ya it's weird how some ppl idolize him and act like he's some kind of god but the man does make some extremely good games

I like his interviews and the way he handles the process of making those games. He's meticulous in a way most people in creative spaces aren't and it's rare

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There's an article that was posted in the MGSV thread about the process of making MGS4's intro and I think it's a perfect example of Kojima's attention to detail and passion for game design that is unique in the industry.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Here it is.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/02/28/the-story-behind-metal-gear-solid-4-39-s-bizarre-intro.aspx

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

There's an article that was posted in the MGSV thread about the process of making MGS4's intro and I think it's a perfect example of Kojima's attention to detail and passion for game design that is unique in the industry.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I used to feel the way Kojima fanboys feel about him, but about Will Wright. And then he made Spore, and I learned that no man is God, and accepted the Savior into my heart.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
that articles about kojima hiring a company to make it and letting them do whatever which is opposite from what that guy said

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think there's one paragraph about trying to talk to him but he was too busy looking at footage of doorknobs to make sure the texture/lighting was right for the shot or whatever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

elf help book posted:

that articles about kojima hiring a company to make it and letting them do whatever which is opposite from what that guy said

Most developers wouldn't hire a company and use dozens of man-hours to make a 10 minute live-action intro to a videogame.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a perfect example of Kojima's ability to spend Konami's money

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

do you guys also think Steve Jobs did all the work at apple by himself?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

do you guys also think Steve Jobs did all the work at apple by himself?

i think steve jobs liked to sneak into farms at night and ahve gay sex with the horses lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i think steve jobs liked to sneak into farms at night and ahve gay sex with the horses lol.

Hell, who can blame him after a long day of making iPhones.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ten years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Hideo Kojima. Now we have no jobs, no hope, and no Kojima

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

John Madden did a great job on Madden 2017 this year. Really, just spectacular stuff. Hats off to John Madden for creating this masterpiece in his bluecollar basement.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

John Madden did a great job on Madden 2017 this year. Really, just spectacular stuff. Hats off to John Madden for creating this masterpiece in his bluecollar basement.

Madden 2017 has been delayed to Q2 2017 as Madden hammers out the spiral physics

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/ThutNUSMDfY

Dec 26, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ah that new logo is so sick

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For its first project, Kojima said, "I’m thinking smaller-scale, not too many people, and focusing on game creation at first." From there, Kojima says it’s possible the studio could expand beyond games.
"The focus is on digital content, so we could consider movies, animations, anything," Kojima said. "But first I think people expect games from me. That’s where I want to put my focus. Once we have an established IP in games, something solid that satisfies people, then we can consider movies and videos."

Kojima reiterated once more that he’s still interested in working with his Silent Hills partner Guillermo del Toro, whether it’s a game, film, anime, or something else entirely.
“We’ll have more agility,” he said. “We’ll be able to do things that are more edgy, preserving the quality we’ve had so far, while at the same time finding new challenges and exploring new areas.”
The Studio Still Hasn’t Decided What Game Engine to Use
On why he went with Sony.

"It's thanks to Sony that I was able to make a splash in the global market. It's been 10-plus years since then and the working relationship at Sony, the people at Sony, we gel well. People at Sony have been friendly with me, I work well with them. I got several offers from many different companies, but with Sony it came to a point where I know these people, we know each other well. I feel like this is an environment where I will be able to make something and be comfortable. And I believe that is the environment I need right now."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eight million game journalists begin to over-analyze the phrase "something solid."

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The guy makes great games. Snatcher, policenauts, boktai, zoe. Can't wait to see what's next

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I forgot the ZOE games were kojima, those are great games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

The guy makes great games. Snatcher, policenauts, boktai, zoe. Can't wait to see what's next
I just realized the solar gun in MGS4 is a Boktai reference.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just realized the solar gun in MGS4 is a Boktai reference.

Yes. As is Meryl a snatcher reference. Or maybe policenauts. I forget.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yes. As is Meryl a snatcher reference. Or maybe policenauts. I forget.

policenauts. as are her new rat patrol partners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

• Locked thread