Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

i think that was one the weaker takeovers but even then it was an incredibly easy to watch show with a lot of variety. See you in Dallas, NXT

The crowd alone made it seem really special. London singing,"Won't you be my girl?" at Bayley was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

only temporary posted:

Check out the Bloody Sunday. It should 100% be Finn's finisher, but the double stomp does own.

They should totally switch Finn to the Bloody Sunday if they're gonna keep Del Rio doing the mid-rope stomp. Assuming Finn ever goes up to the main roster, anyway.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Also the London crowd was dope. Someone make my dreams of WWE Europe a reality.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

As someone who has never really appreciated how good Emma is until now, that match convinced me. Even by the standards of an Asuka match she held her own and did some great work

She really didn't deserve to get sent back down, but I understand why, since her character was so weak.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Hace posted:

she's defended like 4 times now, just not on specials.

She's still had the belt for less than 4 months, which would be by far the shortest reign (3 months short of Sasha, 6 short of Charlotte). I see no reason to take the belt off her right now unless you're going to do a series of matches between her and Nia Jax.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Delsaber posted:

They should totally switch Finn to the Bloody Sunday if they're gonna keep Del Rio doing the mid-rope stomp. Assuming Finn ever goes up to the main roster, anyway.

He absolutely will at some point, he's selling too much merch for them to keep him in NXT forever

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
bill shatner narrates the nxt docudrama? what

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Akbar posted:

he sure does

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Akbar posted:

It's surprisingly good.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Emma is better in NXT anyway now than she was before getting called up. They can eventually bring up Emma and Dana to The main show as a team when Dana gets to the level she needs to be at.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

only temporary posted:

It's surprisingly good.

Dana comes off way better too as a real person

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I still don't know what the gently caress they were thinking with that Crews/Corbin match, though. It made Crews look like poo poo and was just not something that should have ever happened.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Enzo ruining Cass' life :lol:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

only temporary posted:

She really didn't deserve to get sent back down, but I understand why, since her character was so weak.

It was always a character that was never going to be anything more than a dumb gimmick on the main roster. I mean that's essentially what it was on NXT anyway but they're more susceptible to it. I thought she did great in her match tonight though.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

I still don't know what the gently caress they were thinking with that Crews/Corbin match, though. It made Crews look like poo poo and was just not something that should have ever happened.

I dunno, Crews can recover from it, could Corbin?

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Zyla posted:

Dana comes off way better too as a real person

Mojo comes off exactly the same

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Oh Snapple! posted:

if they plan on bringing Corbin up soon (next few months) and keeping Crews in NXT longer it makes sense to prioritize getting Corbin over but I don't know, y'know, why the gently caress they'd want to do that and not get Crews on main product ASAP other than Triple H desperately trying to show Vince he can make stars too :v:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Dr. rear end posted:

Mojo comes off exactly the same

corbin too

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Akbar posted:

I hope they make him say "sabotage" at some point.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

not as good as brooklyn, but still a lot of fun

wasn't a huge fan of the apollo or bayley matches and the crowd lost a bit of steam after enzo & cass didn't go over, but I feel like at that point I'd just be bitching about the developmental fed actually showcasing developmental wrestlers instead of being ROH with actual production values and less pretension

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zyla posted:

Also of note: All clean finishes, in the nxt style for events

It really helps me feel satisfied at the end of the show, like we had conclusive finishes to matches and feuds.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

only temporary posted:

I dunno, Crews can recover from it, could Corbin?

Probably not, but that in itself is one of many reasons Corbin isn't worth protecting.

abraham linksys posted:

if they plan on bringing Corbin up soon (next few months) and keeping Crews in NXT longer it makes sense to prioritize getting Corbin over but I don't know, y'know, why the gently caress they'd want to do that and not get Crews on main product ASAP other than Triple H desperately trying to show Vince he can make stars too :v:

This is also part of my issue with it. I meant to post this when Crews made his entrance but he has real, legitimate loving presence and just looks like he should be walking around everywhere with a championship. He is 100% a person that should be protected at all costs.

EDIT: And then Corbin essentially no-sold the moonsault and won. So loving derp.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Takeover London was a good show at worst, but it's weird that the landscape of NXT is basically unchanged with so much time until the next Takeover.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Astro7x posted:

It really helps me feel satisfied at the end of the show, like we had conclusive finishes to matches and feuds.

It could have helped both if Crews/Corbin went to double DQ, leading to some sort of gimmick No DQ or Falls count anywhere match at the next takeover.

The clean finish has potentially killed Nia's match with Asuka - she's vulnerable now...

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

eh, they have room to do a TakeOver in February if they really wanted to. they only have non-Florida touring dates for January so far

plus NXT TV actually does mean something (see Bayley's multiple title defenses, Mechanics title win) and they could change it up if they want/need to

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

only temporary posted:

It's surprisingly good.

yeah I'm digging it. I'm surprised how shoot it is. even that divas show is kind of kayfabe right?

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Probably not, but that in itself is one of many reasons Corbin isn't worth protecting.

I think Corbin is still getting heat from before he started improving, though. So it's not totally fair to him. He really HAS gotten better, even if he wasn't great today.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Remember Sami Zayn comes back next week and Hideo is I think going to be back in the February-March timeframe, too

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

eh, they have room to do a TakeOver in February if they really wanted to. they only have non-Florida touring dates for January so far

plus NXT TV actually does mean something (see Bayley's multiple title defenses, Mechanics title win) and they could change it up if they want/need to

Aren't they doing an arena show close to Royal Rumble?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

abraham linksys posted:

Remember Sami Zayn comes back next week and Hideo is I think going to be back in the February-March timeframe, too

Zayn not showing tonight seemed a little weird to me. I really would've thought it might end with an appearance from him.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Dr. rear end posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a TV taping

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

only temporary posted:

I think Corbin is still getting heat from before he started improving, though. So it's not totally fair to him. He really HAS gotten better, even if he wasn't great today.

My general read on it is that his heat is almost entirely meta-heat - the crowd saw through him after all the squashes and they're tired of him. They're doing a good job of rolling with it, but at the same time I don't think it's the kind of heat you necessarily want.

I should also specify that I don't just mean that Corbin made Crews look like poo poo just through beating him. He flatout made Crews look bad at his loving job - Crews looked so much visibly slower today just to keep the match on Corbin's level and it hurt him a lot.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. rear end posted:

they're doing three midwest dates and the Orlando arena show before the Rumble (which I didn't realize was 10k capacity until now, whoa!), then a Pittsburgh and a Detroit date after

I just figure since they've only got shows listed through January other than TakeOver Dallas, there's a good chance they have something else up their sleeves

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Oh Snapple! posted:

I should also specify that I don't just mean that Corbin made Crews look like poo poo just through beating him. He flatout made Crews look bad at his loving job - Crews looked so much visibly slower today just to keep the match on Corbin's level and it hurt him a lot.

Crews slowed down a lot after hitting his head on the steps... I don't know how much that had to do wit hit.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

watching ZZ actually wrangle gators is the most endearing he's been on this show and I'd rather watch a show about him doing that

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

did you fellas see how tall baron corbin was out there?!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DrVenkman posted:

Zayn not showing tonight seemed a little weird to me. I really would've thought it might end with an appearance from him.

He wasn't even on the dark card, really strange.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Oh Snapple! posted:

My general read on it is that his heat is almost entirely meta-heat - the crowd saw through him after all the squashes and they're tired of him. They're doing a good job of rolling with it, but at the same time I don't think it's the kind of heat you necessarily want.

The thing with Corbin is that I almost kinda want to like what he's doing, there's a spark of something there that might make him a really useful heel, but it's all in the context of him and Cass being the only big men in the fed. Once you move him up to the main roster, there are a dozen other guys that size and there's no reason for him to intimidate anyone at all. Put him against Reigns and he's going to look like a bum rather than a credible threat, which is pretty much a failure at the first hurdle.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

He wasn't even on the dark card, really strange.

oh weird

what even was the dark card? I guess it wasn't a full hour of taping, next week's episode is gonna be loving weird. half pretaped from this and half pretaped from... elsewhere??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I never cared at all about Carmella before Breaking Ground but now I think she is one of the most likable people in the whole promotion. I really hope she picks it up wrestling wise so she sticks around.

• Locked thread