Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

hemale in pain posted:

Company of heroes online must of sucked some money up and was bizzarely dumped before it got out of beta

I actually thought it was a desperate cash grab and they figured it wasn't going to go gangbusters after they revamped the P2W for CoHO. The army buff system they brought over to CoH2 was hideously overpowered in the beta and at launch before the balance team made them largely unnoticeable. The mishmash of useless doctrines is another aspect that felt like it was from the THQ days.

The biggest problem with CoH2 is that it's not optimised very well. The balance may always be all over the place in relic games but CoH2 runs terrible for something that doesn't look much better than CoH1 (the CoH1 aesthetic is better despite its age).

I'm cautiously optimistic about DoK if only because there hasn't been a good RTS in a while. Act of Aggression and Grey Goo didn't grab me with their previews but I know people who got burned hoping for lively MP. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Rookersh posted:

"AND THAT'S WHEN THE ANCIENT ALIENS TOLD US WE HAD ONE OF THE THREE KEYS TO THE GALAXY!"

"Grandpa! Every ship has a hyperdrive!"

"Yeah! But this one was special, it came with us from Kharak!"

I would be fine with a rolling, unreliable narration like in Call of Juarez Gunslinger for a spinoff or in-between game. :allears:

• Locked thread