Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah I might have missed something, but I thought it was that his dad's cancer specifically was magical, not that all cancer was. Otherwise #1 world news would be that all cancer had gone into remission when magic left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I feel like I missed an episode, or a lot of episodes, between S4E3 and S4E4.

Why is Margo being nice to Josh like at all?

What timeline is this Julia from? This Julia went to Brakebills, right, so this isn't the Julia who studied hedge magic and was raped by Reynard? But then what was the whole deal about "I'm not fragile, people heal"?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Thank you guys

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can someone remind why she isn’t a goddess anymore? I feel like I would have to rewatch the last half of last season o understand what everyone’s motivation and current magic stance is.
Same, I watched 1 and 2 right before watching 3 as it aired, but I wasn't gonna rewatch 1-3 before 4, but now I'm very hazy on details

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

geeves posted:

Because Margo isn't a bad person at all.
You don't have to be a bad person to be irritated by a drip ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not saying she should be a huge rear end in a top hat to him, but one episode to go from "keep up, annoying dude" to "I want a serious relationship with you, idec about the lifelong consequences"? :///

Although her justification for that was very Margo

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
No, there were a couple lines of dialogue about how it was serious.

I feel like the whole thing was ridiculously out of character for Margo. Like she wouldn't have just found someone who deserved to be murdered?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
She just made him kill Bacchus, his actual friend. She doesn't give that much of a poo poo.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think the line was like "I've told everyone, but who knows what Isaac did?" I definitely had a second of "wait is Isaac how Josh got it? Wait how did Josh get it?" before remembering Isaac was his alternate identity's name. I remembered the cage and everything but not the exact details

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I just caught up. Penny's lectures are clunky and hamhanded, but A, he is himself a cishet dude as far as we know, and B, nobody's as zealous as the newly converted.

Also, it's less clunky and hamhanded and generally embarrassing than the "we HAVE to have sex because magic" that the writers keep going back to. Teenage fanfiction writers already know that's a mega dumb cliche

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Quentin and Elliot being the true love story is a pretty amazing turn I never expected. And i fuckin love it.
Same but also I'm not gonna stop rooting for Kady and Penny

e: also dying to see Marina and her girlfriend

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

I reckon that a lot of people are pissed because they wanted hot (white) dudes macking on each other and didn't get that. Sucks, sure, and things could be better, but the outrage doesn't have the moral high ground. I mean, where was it when both the show's trans women were killed off? Or when Margot's pirate bootycall was butchered? This isn't a good faith platform, and I dislike that frustrated, overly invested shippers are poisoning a good argument while looking for someone to blame.

Like, I'm not saying that queer relationships on television couldn't be happier, they definitely could, and they could definitely be more intersectional and not nearly always be about white people -- but it's always the hot young people (The 100, Wynonna Earp etc.) that attract this kind of drama and I think it's pretty obvious why.
It's because they were both leads that people are really emotionally invested in, they wanted to see it play out center stage

If it was just about hot white men boners, they would've been equally upset when Eliot's hookup/interest turned out to be possessed by the Beast and Eliot had to kill him, but they weren't.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Even if the choice had to be made, having Penny do it was hosed up. "We just met a couple of weeks ago, but we might go on a date, so that makes me her medical proxy!" Q probably would've been the best choice.

Also, having Q open the flower was stupid plotwise. Why not have Fen do it in two seconds with no drama?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Chalks posted:

I'm glad they showed her being pissed with him, but her problem was the rather unreasonable "you didn't have my consent" when he literally had to make a choice and it was impossible to ask her.
He didn't literally have to make a choice. It would've taken no effort for him to give the choice to someone who was way more qualified than he, basically a rando, was.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
He is a Traveler, "no time" isn't really a factor

v That Penny recently came from another timeline. Literally all of the friendgroup know Julia better than he does

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
For everyone who was looking for a clean (no dialogue, etc.) version of Elliot's "Don't Get Me Wrong," this one isn't official but it's the cleanest I've heard https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NkT6hrLASFc

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
"I dOn'T oWn JoSh'S pEnIs" give me a loving break it's fine to have monogamous relationships

Also can Josh please just get murdered asap. He is the worst.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I'm not offended I just think it's dumb. It was never an open relationship before, and "he cheated and that's totes cool" is not exactly a good way to open it.

If my hatred for Josh is what confused you, don't worry that goes back years.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I agree. Bring back original Penny and Kady, yes I am too invested in something that ended way long ago

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I straight up don't remember original Kady being replaced.
Sorry I wasn't clear, afaik she wasn't replaced. I mean I want original Penny and I want him to be with Kady again. I think that early relationship vibe was so good, where it was casual and they were both kind of dgaf and untrusting, and then changing as they had to figure out how to actually work together and give a poo poo.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Imo this episode was like watching a worse version of Glee where they didn't even cast singers

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The episode summary says "We couldn't get Prince," but I don't know what song(s) from his catalog they were aiming for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I wish they would just now get approved for another season where everything is on the new planet and super low-stakes. Margo has to learn city planning. Josh is trying to figure out plant breeding to get the pizza trees to produce grandma pies. Fen has to decide between toddler-proofing the knife bushes vs. just teaching two-year-olds to use daggers responsibly. Penny deals with wrangling a warping toddler.

Spinoff: on earth, Kady teams up with Plum to get Plum's powers back, in hopes of rescuing Original Penny. But it'll mean trusting Marina again...

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 7, 2020