Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So... people on Twitter and Tumblr are mad because they can't ship Eliot and Q anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Taking a break from queerchat, I watched the final 2 episodes last night and wanted to share a seriouspost.

This, along with Game of Thrones, is probably the only show I've watched since day 1 and stayed with. When I first tuned in, all I knew was that it was based on some books, presumably about magic, and had a sexy poster:

But the show quickly came to mean so much more. My name isn't Quentin, but it does start with a Q so all my friends call me that. I, like Quentin, was in the depths of clinical depression (we're talking Marianas Trench). I, like Quentin, had previously attempted suicide. And I, like the characters, was in grad school and indulged in generally self-destructive behavior. The show felt like a much more realistic depiction of life as a twenty-something than anything else on TV. So when Quentin died, I felt like a part of me died too. I started crying with Alice during the slow-motion sequence, I continued crying through Take On Me, and I continued crying past the end of the episode. I don't know what the show is going to be like without Quentin, but I'm also facing a ton of uncertainty in my own life. And if things become untenable, we can always just turn off.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 19, 2019

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

gently caress there’s a panel with Eliot and Alice at Dragoncon going on right now but I’m not at the right hotel ughhhhhh

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Amazon should pick up the show like The Expanse

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Didn’t someone lose their shade to move the moon?