Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

muscles like this! posted:

I'm wondering if they tried a version of that scene without the subtitles.

That was a great scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I only know him as Curtis from 24. He will always be Curtis from 24.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I hope OTD doesn’t have back issues

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I both love and hate that ending

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

That was it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Alhazred posted:

I was really digging Margot's little speech about how Elliott fell rear end-backwards into being high king while she have had to fight to get power. When I first started watching the show I wasn't really expecting her to be the one to call bullshit on the patriarchy (or that the show would have anything to say about the patriarchy or power structures at all), but here we are.

Well I am a man and I’m explaining. Maybe you can womansplain it me.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

There’s a line in the episode before the last one where Margo and Eliot have a sweet conversation in the carriage after drugging the Mountain prince. Margo asks what happened to them because they used to be awesome mega bitches. Eliot responds by literally saying that they now have depth and character.

I love this show

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

This Harriet section being totally silent is a bold choice but I like it.

I loved it. It really put you in her shoes. This show keeps surprising me with these wonderful moments.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://youtu.be/IJXPzpLAFnY

This might give some insight

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

So, is this show good? I was thinking about bringing what's on Netflix, but then I saw it goes for a Chronicles of Narnia style of thing and got kinda hesitant.

I watched it over the holidays and fell in love with it. It mashes the Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia styles together while pulling from other fantasies and ultimately does its own thing. I was hooked from the beginning and fell in love with the characters. Eliot and Margot are the best. It's hilarious, it's unnerving, it's clever, it's touching, and it's great. Watch it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I thought the first season got dark at times what with characters turning tricks for magic.

Lol I made a pun

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Was that Colonel Tigh? Him drawling our “dont worry” sounds very much like him.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The fillory faeries suck but gently caress of that wasn’t cathartic. gently caress those slavers.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

I wonder if Kady was a member of the main group in timeline 23? She's the only main cast member that was unaccounted for in this episode.

Penny 23 didn’t know who she was.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I just realized that the actress who plays the Librarian also played Ursula in Spider-Man 2

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

EAT MY rear end

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

His father asking him what he named his son.

Quentin named his son after his father. And that was it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

mastajake posted:

Pretty lame they set up the “you’ll regret this deal” thing and then she got away with her ridiculous scheme anyway. I’m sure it will be addressed later, but I thought that was kind of a lovely ending to an otherwise great season. Body jumping stuff has potential though. Lol at Julia essentially giving up goddesshood for nothing.

Yeah, I didn't really like it, especially since the rest of the season was so great. And now we have amnesia bullshit and I don't think amnesia bullshit is all that interesting.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

DaveKap posted:

Except I didn't. The thing is, the amnesia ending is still a good ending. The only bad part about it is the expectation that it will somehow make the beginning of Season 4 bad. We haven't seen the beginning of Season 4, so we don't know if it's bad. The ending of Season 3, though, is good. Take into account what I said after that (benefit of the doubt because we though beginning of Season 2 would be bad) and, well, we have no reason to expect the beginning of Season 4 to be bad. Hell, take into account how fun alternate universe characters were and, if anything, the start of Season 4 should be amazing.

So... my actual conclusion is that the ending of Season 3 is really good and Season 4 should be amazing.

We've seen a lot of amnesia plots and I don't ever remember even a decent one. They effectively become new characters. This Penny isn't our Penny because we haven't followed his story and it is much different than the one we saw. I'm not very invested in him. Seeing the alternate characters was cool and it was fun, but that was with the expectation that we would come back to the ones we've been following.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Coward

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://youtu.be/Xsp5O5ZEgAU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

This show is too goddamn good

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I got the same sense of dread I felt when I watched the nuclear playground scene in Terminator 2 with the last part of this episode

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Edit wrong thread

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Holy poo poo

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I’m actually crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Didn’t P23 and Julia have a convo about whether she should be mortal or a god?