Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Shooting Blanks posted:

IIRC, this is a thing in the books. There's a tertiary character (Emily Greenstreet?) that takes a job doing nothing at an investment bank or venture capital firm, it's strongly hinted that it was arranged by Brakebills and that it's not an uncommon arrangement. I don't remember why she did it in the books, though.

No need to spoiler any of that as that's exactly what happened in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can someone remind why she isn’t a goddess anymore? I feel like I would have to rewatch the last half of last season o understand what everyone’s motivation and current magic stance is.

She burned up her goddess power remaking the golden keys after Alice destroyed the original set.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

ubachung posted:

Uh didn't we already meet Prometheus?

Only in a flashback.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Nihonniboku posted:

I believe it was troofie

Nope, different thing.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Open Source Idiom posted:

Wait no I think you're right, and it might have been Eliot's double that was destroyed.

Didn't it get destroyed when Penny tried to posses it after he died?