Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Five seasons is still a drat good run in this day and age. I want more but wouldn't be surprised if they called it quits. They wrote off a main character and got hella backlash for it, that may well affect season 5 viewership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I think Summer Bishil is a powerhouse but I don't think she's the best actor/actress on the show in the same way Shatner isn't the best actor in TOS. I do think they lucked out in snagging the perfect "play to the back row" actress for the part though. I kind of want her to act with Fogg more, he's got the worldly gentleman bruiser thing going on.

I am starting to get annoyed at Alice though, her little girl lost schtick is getting "little girlier" and I swear she's doing a squeaky voice now.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I may have missed it but have the takers killed anyone? Is the Dark King a murderer?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Hey, Fen was explicitly pro choice here, even though it was clearly bringing back old pain. And then Julia shared her pain and it was a beautiful bonding moment.

I get the impression there is BTS beef with some of the cast? Am I way off base?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
As sad as it is, I'm really hopeful that many of the cast have bright futures ahead. I am looking forward to seeing where they end up and wishing them well x

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
One eyed tigress, that can't be a coincidence right? That's Margo.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Sexy Librarian Zelda really has been great this year. I can barely believe she was the awkward neighbor from the Raimi Spider-man films.

She is just so adorable and twee but also extremely scary competent. It's a wonderful mix.

Also props to Fen this episode, she is underrated by everyone and still saved the seed in a very ingenious way.

It's a shame I didn't recognize any of the songs this ep but it was fun nonetheless. Weaponized emotional baggage was a great line.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

You didn't recognize "Don't Give Up" or "I Wanna Be Sedated"?

Nope, not at all. My musical taste is stuck in the 80s I guess.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Not just me then, I'm so pleased. Tbh Take on Me and Under Pressure are incredibly well known and popular, but I can't think of anything similar with the emotional core they needed for the show this time around. Anyone else got ideas?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I just want more Zelda. I was very sad to see her go, though I was surprised how... gentle it was from the Beast. Gesture of respect, perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Whichever season has most Zelda. I found her more interesting than some of the main cast