Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's an SA thread about a tv show so i'm sure everyone here loving hates the show they post about, but i finally watched it after Shakezula pestered me enough and GOD drat what a fantastic show. Binged all 4 seasons in a few weeks and it just got better with every season. The overall plot of season 4 may not have been the most interesting of them, but the character work was fantastic. A lot of shows try to get the comedy and heartfelt stuff at the same time and fail, but these writers do it great. And yeah you can pick apart plot points, but they also have to fight against the fact that superhero/magic shows have a hard time keeping things reasonable over seasons of time.

Ok back to crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ok that's good to hear. Most TVIV threads are a shitshow so you can never be sure. It will be very interesting to see what direction the show takes after losing the main character.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Josh is NEVER insufferable.

Josh is wonderful

Todd on the other hand...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I was going to react with angry disagreement as well, but my brother pointed out that Josh was not at the bonfire scene. I had to concede the point, for now. But I shall be correct in the long run.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Elliott and Margo carried season 1 for me. It's about to get real interesting though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

No Fen, TERRIBLE EPISODE

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Episode contained Fen being sassy funny, an excellent episode.

And the show knows how to tug my heartstrings so good with the Julia-young Q stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

She definitely carried the last season for me, up until the finale. Margo's character took a bit to develop though because season 1 was just mean and hilarious Margo without a lot of depth, but honestly that just set her up being more emotional and vulnerable down the line.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

If I remember correctly, Marina wasn't quite honest with Julia about what exactly she was doing with Quentin.

I like Penny, but I feel like the show (or book) gave themselves a Hiro from Heroes problem in that he is too powerful for the plot and so he has to constantly be sidelined with bad hands or the library or now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

STAC is one cancelled Big Brother season away from true freedom.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah it wasn't a great musical episode, but the story was good. Fourthing the "I don't know how they are going to finish everything in one episode" feeling. Though to be fair, they really just confirmed there isn't a cliffhanger, not that there is a strong ending for everyone. I doubt I will see Katy reunited with her Penny, which sucks. Right now this season is kind of weak overall, and it needs a strong finish to the narrative of them dealing with Q's death.

And Summer has been killing it, hopefully she gets some good work after this.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ok so it wasn't a cliffhanger, but I still want to see my friends get all back together again :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nihonniboku posted:

Also, while I'm glad Eliot got someone in the end, I feel like it was kind of forced in there. It kind of came out of nowhere for me.

In the moment it felt kind of odd to me too, but looking back i think it's fine. Trying things out with a "transmuted ghost in another person's body" is very much with Elliot's growth of finding love wherever you can. Especially since it wasn't treated as serious TRUE LOVE.

I also really love that the cat absorbing all of Fogg's craziness seemed to have no influence on it.

I would have liked to see underworld Q or Penny again, especially Penny since Katy has been in the background for a while now. But it would have been hard to do that without knowing it was the finale and making it a major plot point.