Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Ah! The guy who plays Josh, Trevor Einhorn, was on "Mad Men." He played one of the creative artists in the agency. That's why he looked familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Oasx posted:

I really hope they saved up some money for the last episode, because Fillory looked pretty darn bad.

Agreed. I also wish that everyone at Brakebills wasn't so loving obsessed with Fillory. It's hard to take the "Quentin's a loving nerd!" thing seriously when every character was super into Fillory as a kid.

I also hope that there's an awkward moment with Josh and a Centaur or something saying "You never called me.... I miss us."

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I'm assuming that they'll battle The Beast in the next episode, but we won't see the huge lead up fight. There also won't be the two guards with them. We'll have Alice turn into the niffin, and probably Penny will lose his hands. Episode ends with a cliffhanger of Quentin getting injured.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

WarLocke posted:

The end of the episode made me hopeful that we'll still get That Other Scene with Alice where she goes Full Speed Force on Martin (or Plover now I guess?) :unsmigghh:

I think that Plover is just a red herring to "shock" us that The Beast is actually Martin.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Huh. So they did a great job leaving the season on a cliffhanger. I'm actually anxious to see what happens next season.

Slightly creeped out/disappointed in the Human Ember, though.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Rhyno posted:

You know while we're on this topic, I have a close friend who transitioned and I am constantly terrified that I'm gonna misgender or dead-name them. Does anyone else have experiences like that?

Yes, definitely. When I was teaching at a university I had a student who began her transition over the summer. Changed her name to a feminization of her dead name; when I saw her name on the class roster as was calling attendance, I reverted back to her dead name. Several students took the moment to loudly correct me. I didn’t know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

The best part of this whole season has been Penny with the egg.

Arjun Gupta :swoon: