Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

You know, this show’s first season is so hard for newcomers to get into and it’s sad. Because that s3 episode 5 life in a day mosaic was such loving powerful TV and I just wish it could be shared with others. There’s really no way it can stand on its own and have the same emotional power to people who haven’t watched the show though.

Oh well. How many episodes are left in s3? The acting (mainly Q and Alice) is still often cringeworthy but this season is phenomenal. Margot is loving amazing and Elliot has gone from lost party sloth to an actually inspiring king.

Is Margot going to become fairy queen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Fringe had a much better blonde.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So Fogg remembers every timeline? Why is that? I kind of forget or missed the back story of how all the timelines work. Like, when Fogg told Julia that in another timeline she was let into the school and became a super strong magician that confused the hell out of me. Why did he not let her in this timeline? Just for fun?

Edit: I guess I’m just confused because I thought the timelines were parallel and not sequential. But then maybe they are sequential because that’s the way that pocket watch thing works.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 22, 2018

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Are there any allusions in the books as to where the keys lead and what monster they unlock? You can spoiler them I want to know.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

My girlfriend is nearly through season one and texted me last night about how the author of the filling in season one was a pedophile and abused the chatwins.. I was like, what?? I had completely forgotten since once that reveal happens the show moves on so quickly to other things.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

zeal posted:

i think it rules that sometimes quentin and alice have near identical hairstyles

when they're on good terms they probably share conditioners &etc.

Sometimes I wonder how these actors get along in person. Like, does everyone get sick of Quentin overacting his stutter or of Julia stealing screen time with her jeans? I dunno.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That long rear end lead up and perfect delivery of the bear joke was loving phenomenal. I laughed out loud at that one.

I was sort of wondering if Margot was going to keep the fatty big eye for a sec because boyo way to ruin a face.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Honestly, as a dad myself, the quinton and dad scene made me tear up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I had really assumed that the back side of the deal the queen made was that as soon as they took her life a bunch of invincible fairies would appear and vivisect those two. But, no. That sucked. That ending was all in all kind of hard to watch because it feels like the beginning of season 4 is the same position for everyone they were in at the beginning of season 3.

Also, gently caress the library.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought it was just a 4th wall type joke continuity errors. I was thinking the exact same thing (“wait the doors swallowed the keys…”) and then Elliott-as-us pointed it out which was met with hand waving explanations. Like the whole parsec thing in Star Wars.

Can you not? I was a major contributor to the thread on these forums a few years ago that finally put this issue to rest. The perceived notion of a continuity error is wholesale incorrect and I would strongly urge you to refer to literature on the subject prior to any more of these comparisons. Furthermore

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The ending would’ve been tons better if Elliot found quinton and said hey bro remember our son and your dead wife? And quinton started to immediately snap out of it. Just like Julia and her scar from season one.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I thought it was the queen Margot masturbation tub but that’s just me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Fen should undoubtedly use a Sten gun.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

He has magic cancer because he’s from a different timeline thing holy poo poo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Can someone remind why she isn’t a goddess anymore? I feel like I would have to rewatch the last half of last season o understand what everyone’s motivation and current magic stance is.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Lol my face is buried in my phone 95%of the time I’m watching tv. For instance, I had to wiki what the heck was up when Elliot kissed Quentin.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The Marinara’s trench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’m sorry, but camp fires can’t melt steel crowns. Totally ruined the moment for me.