Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

It never should have got there. But again, credit to the show and Quentin that he eventually figured that out and took his part of the responsibility. Its a testament to his character and the show that by the time he died I not only didn't hate him but actually felt bad.

My whole life I was told I was special and that I was going o do things that would be very important. And none of that happened and I've just sort of lurched through life. And that's really what QUentin was in the show and why I love his arc so much. He finds out his super special power is basically putting garbage back together and he's able to use that tiny, worthless power to help save the world.

It gives me hope that my worthless, sad little life might actually amount to something someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Haha yes!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Summer playing Elliot pretending to be Margot was amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sloth Life posted:

I get the impression there is BTS beef with some of the cast? Am I way off base?

Summer doesnt appear to hang out with the cast much. The rest of them all get together and Instagram goof a lot but she rarely joins them. Trevor Einhorn and Jason Ralph seem to be close friends but Ralph didnt seem to spend much time with the group. The others pop up in each other's stuff constantly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The chat thread says we've been canceled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Five seasons and a movie maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate being right.

Rhyno posted:

A couple of the cast members posted some things on Instagram that they've since deleted that sort of implied that season 5 is the end of the series and I am SHOOK.

Rhyno posted:

Trevor Einhorn made it sound like he'd done his final wardrobe session and Stella Maeve called it a closed chapter. It doesn't sound great for the show long term.

Rhyno posted:

Did you miss the line where she acknowledges that there is talk of it being over? I've seen a lot of that chatter on the assorted social media posts and clearly she's aware of it.

I have 6 pages of posts in this thread and just skimmed over them. I really, really hated this show when I started watching it. And it just made me smile looking back and seeing when I started to turn around and then BAM, I loved it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sloth Life posted:

As sad as it is, I'm really hopeful that many of the cast have bright futures ahead. I am looking forward to seeing where they end up and wishing them well x

For sure, they're so much talent in this show. Literally every one of them has shown an incredible range. And they can all sing!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're gonna need a soundtrack at the end of the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Margot's face when she realized how to get rid of the bugs was just perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

Or maybe Fen needs to grow the gently caress up instead of being a perpetual twelve year old.

This is how people get stabbed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zelda loving crushed it this episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I'm assuming they cleaned it up a little in post but Olivia Taylor Dudley must have been practicing quite a bit between series as she never did much singing in previous episodes.

Summer Bishil took extensive vocal lessons for her part in last years, I assume OTD did the same. But she did show in the finale that she had the goods. And now that we're past the last musical episode I really need a soundtrack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

I like how Ted is Marina's Todd.

He seems more on top of poo poo when working for Kady.

And I just want to bask in Elliot and Alice singing Don't Give Up with the roles inverted. I love how they've grown together in dealing with their grief. I'm extra sad about the show ending because they really pulled the entire cast together this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aexo posted:

That's not her Penny though... Right?

It isn't but we can just assume that since they diverged from the same point in time that they have the same effect on their mother, genetics and magic and all that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It really feels like they have way too many things to wrap up in one episode.

This stinks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sexy Librarian Zelda really has been great this year. I can barely believe she was the awkward neighbor from the Raimi Spider-man films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sloth Life posted:

She is just so adorable and twee but also extremely scary competent. It's a wonderful mix.

Also props to Fen this episode, she is underrated by everyone and still saved the seed in a very ingenious way.

It's a shame I didn't recognize any of the songs this ep but it was fun nonetheless. Weaponized emotional baggage was a great line.

You didn't recognize "Don't Give Up" or "I Wanna Be Sedated"?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EmptyVessel posted:

"Don't Give Up" is from the 80s though.

And SEDATED is from the late 70's and like, really popular.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Y'all need some fuckin culture

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anne Whateley posted:

The episode summary says "We couldn't get Prince," but I don't know what song(s) from his catalog they were aiming for

P Control, obviously.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was pretty sweet but I still want more.

Can I get a gif of Fen and her knife-sharpener?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Grossman is writing a comic series that takes place in the book continuity. Did anyone read the Alice graphic novel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just a reminder that Margo rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnsY4SJJMF8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Season 3 has the full cast rendition of Under Pressure so yeah, best season.