Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I think my favorite line from the episode was right after the creepy music box started playing, Quentin's exasperated, "Jesus, we get it, there are ghosts in here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Stank posted:

I would like a spin-off about Queliot exploring the universe and having gay sex and Penny popping in for group sex sometimes. Also it strikes me that Eliot is definitely the top but what do other people think?

I'd rather watch the same type of spin-off, but with those characters replaced by Julia, Alice, and Margot.

But really I think I prefer the show as it is.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

You could tell from the end of the episode when the Fairy Queen left that it was Fairy magic. It was the same kind of shadowy afterimage.

That tracks, given the seemingly trapped fairies we saw in her house when they were looking for the key.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

gif of a crab with a knife?

It's how I feel

VVV: That seemed to me like a reference to the Persephone story, where she could come and go from Hades as long as she didn't eat anything while down there. Penny eating the cupcake is him resigning himself to never leaving the underworld.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 15, 2018

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Margot is still the best

"Julia and the Fairy Queen are...kind of friends"

"loving what?"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

That was a loving excellent finale, holy poo poo

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

vlad3217 posted:

I was sort of thinking this too, but if he was their kid wouldn't he recognize Eliot? He was basically the kid's second dad.

Well it has been 300 years, longer even since the kid left long before Jane Chatwin showed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did recognize him and is just keeping quiet about it until he gets whatever it is he wants.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Alhazred posted:

For someone who's whole thing is "likes knives" she seems surprisingly bad at using them.

Didn't she make it to the finals of a combat tournament using her knives? And she only lost that because she threw it to Margot?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I recognized "I Wanna Be Sedated" and "Cruel to be Kind" but I've never heard "Don't Give Up" or even heard of it at all.

Echoing the sentiment that this was the weakest of the musical episodes, though Zelda and Marina were awesome throughout. I also have no idea how they're going to wrap everything up in one episode.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I have to say, that was a shockingly well-done and effective series finale, even if it wasn't originally intended as such. I'll go so far as to say I'm kind of glad the show isn't coming back, because this was a pretty perfect ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Speaking of Loria, did they get to ride on the seahorse ark, or are they considered not a part of Fillory and thus, exploded?