Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Pompous Rhombus posted:

The Expanse is pretty good, and gives me hope they won't completely drop the ball on Hyperion.

The Magicians, not so much. Will keep watching but this episode was a pretty solid 4/10.

Pretty good? The Expanse is shaping up to being one of the greatest scifi shows ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

odiv posted:

Man, I couldn't even stand Farscape or BSG. Different strokes I guess.

BSG had a good 1.5 seasons. The Expanse better.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 29, 2016

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I thought the books loving was kind of funny?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
As a non book reader this show is very enjoyable and you book readers are more insufferable than ASOIAF.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I watch this for the Julia plot line.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

shadok posted:

("IT'S LIKE HOGWARTS... BUT THEY gently caress") feels kind of cheap and exploitative, like a Bret Easton Ellis novel.
Never stopped 50 Shades of Grey.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
This show is getting better and better. The Julia God vision was done fantastically.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Fix the well? Nah! Give me the power to defeat Reynard? Nah! Send me back to NY.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Rhyno posted:

This show is still garbage but it is entertaining as gently caress and full of really pretty people.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Rocksicles posted:

Indians are hairy bastards, it's a thing.

Wait, he's not Dominican?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

WarLocke posted:

Saying that someone is a "have" or a "have not" really makes me not want to engage. Is that some MRA dog whistle?

Sounds like it to me. Along with his victim blaming.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Nihonniboku posted:

With the Magicians, I understand. There are only 3 books of material, so if they want to have 6 or 7 seasons, I understand why they've introduced so much filler.

But for the Expanse, there are 6 novels out so far, for a planned 9. 3 trilogies more or less. While I'm very happy with what they're doing with that so far, either they're eventually going to have to speed things way the gently caress up, or they're simply not going to finish the story. I don't see the show lasting 15 seasons.

Yeah but The Expanse after book 2 can be wrapped up in 2 novels if they wanted.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Was that an anti abortion message in the episode?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

bull3964 posted:

No, if anything it was pro-choice.

Explain. Seems like an anti-choice wet dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Nothing about any of this should work. It's like a perv wrote some Harry Potter fan fic and yet somehow it all just works. This is so confusing.

Worked for Fifty Shades