Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I didn't hate it, but I definitely agree that it feels really rushed. Yeah, I expect things to be a bit compressed for TV, but I feel like they couldn't figure out how to convey most of the (interesting!) classroom stuff about learning magic so they just skipped over it, which unfortunately means the show spends no time at all giving you an idea of what the students are doing and what the nature of magic is, which feels like a mistake.

Running Julie's story in parallel rather than waiting until much later seems like a sound decision.

It reminds me a lot of the new Star Trek movies -- interesting casting, some cool sets and effects, but what in the world happened to coherent storytelling?

I now have this desire to re-read the books, but I'm in the middle of re-reading the Expanse books due to the other SyFy series I'm watching. Dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU