Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Fillory will be a medium-sized soundstage made up to look like a forest with a clock tree in it, and a tavern interior set with about 40 extras in vaguely fantasy-ish clothing.

They already filmed this in and around Vancouver so finding a forest isn't too hard. :v:

(UBC being Brakebills is taking me right out of the show)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

I don't even think that Quentin is going to sleep with Margot. I figure they'll just gloss over that, and then just after graduation have Penny zap them into Fillory. No Neitherlands. They'll not even wander around and meet the river nymph, they'll not battle into Ember's tomb with the two body guards, they won't meet the talking bear at the tavern, they'll just ZAP straight into The Beast's chamber with the captive girl and kill him and free her. MAYBE we'll see a ram god.

I hope not, but you're probably right.

A shame, cause the body guards is one of the "this is real and not a fun-times adventure!" moments that I really liked.

Also, the Neitherlands are such a neat concept. :sigh:

quote:

I understand that a LOT of the book needed to be cut to make it to air, but WHY cut so much poo poo and then make up superfluous garbage scenes (not all are garbage scenes, but like 75% of the additional poo poo is- Cancer Puppy is the best)? This show is perfectly mediocre. Decent enough to watch, but not good enough to give a poo poo if it gets a second season.

That's always a problem with book adaptations, but I agree. It bugs me when they waste time on some show writer's pet project stuff and skip stuff from the book that's actually important to the story.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm glad the Neitherlands are part of the show, and the park with fountains is a nice compromise from what it was in the book. Not sure I like the packs of roving angry outcasts, though.

I can accept that the show is inspired by the books, and probably won't really follow the books at all beyond season 1. I get the feeling we're gonna be a Brakebills for a loooong time.