Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

It almost feels like they wrote a script, filmed it, then wrote the next one, filmed it, and so on, rather than writing the whole season at once, and then filming it.

I say that because it feels like they're trying to tie up loose ends... that they set up last week... before they move on with the story. If they're really wrapping up this whole "The Beast cursed the thrones of Fillory" this quickly, then perhaps they should have just gone back and cut out this subplot entirely?

Except it was a lot of fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alice :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

I forgot where Kady/Asmodeus went. I think its time she returned to Julia's story line.

She's supposed to be a regular this season so she's getting paid even though she hasn't shown up at all yet.

I love how Eliot's taking full advantage of being High King with his fancy suit he was wearing this week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, Quentin tried to pick it up and it burned him, Alice was able to handle it fine and then she put it on her wrist as a way for the show to actually visualize her losing power, since that's kind of hard to get across otherwise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, unlike the novel Brakebills is supposed to be post-graduate study instead of a replacement of college.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Quentin's wooden shoulder, not mentioned much in the books either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe some less discussion about whether or not Julia deserved what happened to her?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I wasn't exactly a fan of the first book, especially once they leave Brakebills and everyone turns into horrible people but really liked 2 and 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harrow posted:

So, I don't really get why they didn't just have the showdown with the Beast at the end of season 1. Just budget constraints? What was gained by having a really unsatisfying showdown, then two more episodes, then a real showdown with kind of an arbitrary setup?

I dunno, I'm probably too picky.

For some reason Syfy did exactly the same thing with The Expanse, they're currently still wrapping up the first book.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

doot posted:

Maybe I missed this, but I don't understand the abortion clinic receptionist. Why did she cancel Julia's appointment and then tell her it never existed? Was she being mind controlled by the demon-baby, or was she some kind of anti-choice activist working undercover in an abortion clinic?

Yeah, going by what happened with the doctor the demon baby has some kind mind whammy ability on anyone trying to kill it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They said it was 40 years ago so nobody in the main cast/a student.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Niffin Alice ghost bitching is pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, for a second I thought my stream had hosed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it my feed or are the commercial breaks really abrupt tonight?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, Margot not so much with the singing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those grapes died for nothing!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Josh is the "High" King?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The clock is basically the wardrobe from the first Narnia book.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, in the book the classes were super small with something around 200 students for the entire school.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That opening was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nothing. This basically didn't happen in the books because they stop it before it can fully go down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well so far this seems to have picked right back up where we left it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm wondering if they tried a version of that scene without the subtitles.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How long will this quest take?

... a season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 1 had the invisible castle.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, in the first season finale they visit a castle which is invisible because the "kingdom's" budget had run out because of too much spending early on and so to save money they made their castle invisible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It looks like the biggest change with this season's story arc is that Eliot and Margot will actually be going on the Quest, which they sat out in the book.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I definitely had that problem with the last season premier, ended up watching it through the Syfy app which didn't have that issue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roger Cross?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roger Cross!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well... poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not a fan of the whole exploding cat thing but that's because one of my cats passed away not too long ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

To lighten things up a little, man Alice's shirt is super tight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teeth

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Margo's face when Tick and Gillen instantly knelt was pretty funny.

The only thing that bugged me about the episode was that they just glossed over how Eliot and his family just up and vanished.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, Penny, this is what happens when you're a dick to everyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All peepin' all the time!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, that ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only thing that bothered me about the episode was Penny's weird tie knot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She had to hide it since she was the one who had to actually use the magic to find the key.