Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

I think because the footsteps made noise. I don't think they muted any of the sound for us, I think there just was basically no sound other than some walking now and then. It isn't as if they showed the head librarian speaking but we couldn't hear it. They just didn't verbally speak.

There were several Harriet scenes that were muted versions of things we had already seen, or would see. The planning scene as well as the actual library heist all had sound, we just didn't hear it during her story. I really loved it, it was incredibly compelling and the choice to make the shattering glass at the end have sound was so jarring. It topped the mosaic story for me, and I had thought for sure that was going to be the high point of this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

GORDON posted:

All caught up. I was sort-of hoping that after the downer that ended S2, they would end on a higher note at the end of S3. Nope.

But I think my DVR missed some things over the season. I checked wikipedia, I don't THINK the DVR missed any episodes... and when watching the DVR, I always had opening and closing credits. But I seem to have completely missed a couple huge plot points.

Right from the beginning. I was completely confused when the fairies were in charge at Whitespire, in S3E1. They were established in the castle and were vexxing Margot and it seems liked I'm missed a bunch... I looked it up, and I hadn't missed an episode. I better double check that. Was it just some brief thing way back at the end of S2 that I'd forgotten? I don't do drugs. I can't blame that.

And I missed how Josh found the one key, in the throne room. One episode ended with them setting up light to be reflected through the room... it doesn't work... and he says, "Guys, I know where the key is" and the episode ended, and the next episode began with the funny recap of Josh explaining things to Penny.

Fill me in.

There was indeed a brief thing at the end of S2 where Fen stumbles into the throne room saying that the fairies are coming to invade Fillory, and then a cut to outside where the castle is surrounded by an invading fairy army. No battle scenes or anything though.

Josh found the location of the sixth(?) key because he was smoking his super weed that lets you see into other dimensions and he saw it in the fairy realm, but the key wasn't actually acquired until after the negotiations with the fairy queen.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

No, there were a couple lines of dialogue about how it was serious.

I feel like the whole thing was ridiculously out of character for Margo. Like she wouldn't have just found someone who deserved to be murdered?

She suggested that in the episode. Josh wasn't on board because it might take too long and he didn't want to kill anyone anyway. I think her actions make perfect sense given the fact that Josh isn't anywhere near as ruthless as she is, and she's still grieving over the possibly permanent loss of her best friend. She wanted to make sure she didn't lose anyone else and she knew she could deal with the curse because she's a badass, so why not?