Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

CainsDescendant posted:

All critical analysis or whatever aside, Elliott is awesome and Penny and Quentin's interactions are hilarious. Maybe it's just because my expectations were rock bottom at the outset, but I'm really enjoying this show.

I'm a fan of the books, warts and all, and I'm enjoying the show because my expectations are also very low and I watch it knowing that it will only generally resemble the books with many details reorganized to work on TV, which I totally understand. I'm entertained enough to keep watching it and as the show goes on I think they are getting better at showing how hard and dangerous real magic can be, which was most obvious in tonight's episode.

I think the casting of Quentin, Eliot and Penny are great but not really sold on the ladies. Julia is ok but I find the actress looks more sleepy than sad in all the scenes where she is on the verge of tears (which is often the way they've written her) and Alice is just not a good fit. The perfect Margo/Janet to me is Lizzy Caplan in Mean Girls but they really haven't had enough for Margo to do so far to figure out how this version of the character should be played.

el oso fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU