Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

The guy from Super Troopers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

You're not supposed to root for Julia, you're supposed to pity her. And in the books she doesn't ever trade tricks for magic, but she tries to with Quentin; he just turns her down.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Mouse Dresser posted:

It's been stated that they aren't going to shy away from THAT SCENE with Julia, so we'll see how stupid and awful it is when they get to it. Which at this pace, ought to be the next episode, or maybe after they invent some more stupid bullshit.

Dear lord, really? :gonk:

quote:

Final complaint: Elliot loving SUCKS so far. There's no wry charm. He's just :gay: Sassy Gay :gay: without any of the deep introspection. And Margot/Janet has no character beyond Bitch. For gently caress's sake, give us a reason to enjoy the show and the characters.

I dunno. I've liked him. The actor had pretty big shoes to fill with the character and I think he's done well, even if he's a little different.

Still pissed about no Josh. I'd also be pissed about the emphasis on Penny, but I like the way they're doing his story.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I really need to read TMN. I loved it so much more than any of the others in the series.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I dunno, I've really been enjoying and looking forward to this series every week, and I enjoyed the books.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Based on the preview, it looks like some of those questions will be answered.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Leospeare posted:

PTSD's a bitch like that. Brakebills faculty is just as incompetent at counselling their students after a tragedy as they are at, well, everything else.

Which is why I didn't blink when they (early book 3 spoilers) hired Quentin.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

This talk about the book has got me wanting to reread it. So much fun stuff.

STAC Goat posted:

Julia and Co getting ready to invoke a god and then them all being gone on mysterious "missions" with a euphoric Julia insisting everything is perfect is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay suspicious. I'd bet money that story ain't over and we're going to find out some poo poo. I mean, the episode started with the god's follower going "be careful what you ask for." This has "monkey's paw" at best written all over it and "repressed/drugged out horror" at worst.

I was thinking the same thing. The "can't unring a bell" thing had to be foreshadowing something. Also, I could have sworn I saw a twig coming out of Julia's shirt when she hugged Quentin in her room , but I may just be imagining things.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

blue squares posted:

as a son, same

As the father to my father and son to my son, same.

Also, the restaurant at the end of the universe was a joke because it sounds like a place but is instead a time. This is just a place at the edge of their world because it’s flat.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Pretty lame they set up the “you’ll regret this deal” thing and then she got away with her ridiculous scheme anyway. I’m sure it will be addressed later, but I thought that was kind of a lovely ending to an otherwise great season. Body jumping stuff has potential though. Lol at Julia essentially giving up goddesshood for nothing.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

hangedman1984 posted:

I literally can't hear this song ever without thinking about this scene now.

If it wasn't for the Quentin/Eliot slashfic episode, this scene would have made it the best episode of the show.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

Josh's talents are many, but singing is not quite one of them

Most of them were way auto tuned this episode, particularly Fogg. I mean, I realize a little is just the current trend for some loving reason but it was way over the top.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

The best gag was definitely Josh buying in to the "Eating Out with Josh Haberman" hallucination.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Rhyno posted:

They have done wonders with making Quentin a likeable character.

Yeah, and I feel The Magician's Land did the same. This plot is definitely created for the show but there are some beats that happen in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Just noticed the actor who plays Josh was in an episode of The Office. He was the kid who was maybe gonna be an intern in the episode where they go to the school career fair.