Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ccs posted:

So is Alice not a niffin anymore because magic disappeared?

No, because of things they do in S2.

I am looking forward to S3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Set the DVR a couple weeks ago, and somehow it didn't record S03E01. Went to On-Demand, and downloaded it from there to the DVR, to watch later. I literally saw the DL happening. The next day I go into the DVR List, and it isn't there.

I think someone is Magicianing my DVR so I can't watch it. Goddam dark magicians.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nihonniboku posted:

Clever use of the small budget again. Rinky dink sailboat on the outside, luxurious cabin on a set in a soundstage below. Magic!

Saw that and thought, "Ah, Timelord technology."

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mortanis posted:

Show needs more Josh, though.

The Vagicians.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just got all caught up.... WOW this show is getting good, this season. Getting all misty and stuff with that "Life well lived" montage.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Eliot and Magot's little moment where they lamented their lost youth, and promised to go back to it as soon as they could... was sweet.

But they can't go back. They've grown, and you can't go home again. They would recognize that former life as the empty mess that it was.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Her tight tops aside, I'm beginning to really dislike Alice as a character.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
All caught up. I was sort-of hoping that after the downer that ended S2, they would end on a higher note at the end of S3. Nope.

But I think my DVR missed some things over the season. I checked wikipedia, I don't THINK the DVR missed any episodes... and when watching the DVR, I always had opening and closing credits. But I seem to have completely missed a couple huge plot points.

Right from the beginning. I was completely confused when the fairies were in charge at Whitespire, in S3E1. They were established in the castle and were vexxing Margot and it seems liked I'm missed a bunch... I looked it up, and I hadn't missed an episode. I better double check that. Was it just some brief thing way back at the end of S2 that I'd forgotten? I don't do drugs. I can't blame that.

And I missed how Josh found the one key, in the throne room. One episode ended with them setting up light to be reflected through the room... it doesn't work... and he says, "Guys, I know where the key is" and the episode ended, and the next episode began with the funny recap of Josh explaining things to Penny.

Fill me in.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gadzuko posted:

Josh found the location of the sixth(?) key because he was smoking his super weed that lets you see into other dimensions and he saw it in the fairy realm, but the key wasn't actually acquired until after the negotiations with the fairy queen.

Ooooohhhh, I hadn't made the connection between those two pieces of information.

This show really leaves it up to the viewer to make those logical connections. I like it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Also.... I liked the scene between Q and his father. I'll spoiler this just in case.

At first I thought Q was just going to ask for dad's blessing, because Q didn't know if bringing magic back would kill dad. I didn't put any thought into that moment... then everyone has to agonize the decision... then Sytheryn Hermione talks him into doing it and killing Dad. it's sort of cliche and you see how it's all going to play out without even trying.

But then Q didn't. He wasn't asking for dad's permission... he was just telling dad how it was going to be, and why. This was the moment the writers showed that Q was now an adult, and his own man. He wasn't asking, he was doing what he saw as the proper thing, he was looking his father in the eye, and he was going to accept every consequence.

I thought that was an elegant way of showing someone come into his own self, without coming out and saying it.

Elliot and Margot finally grew up, being responsible for others.... Q just made the transition, too. This is a good show.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Watched the entire series with my kid, in the last month, or so.

We decided Elliot's actual magical focus was, "Making Every Male He Meets Gay."

Not a criticism, an observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bussamove posted:

The burning question is does NuFillory have a Cock Barrens? Inquiring minds demand to know.

Without Elliot as part of the creation process, possibly not.

With Margo part of the creation process, probably.