Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Goddamn Margo just cannot keep both eyes in any timeline can she.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Oh, I know. I was using "straight" and "gay" loosely.

Would having sex with magical creatures like werewolves be included under the umbrella of pansexuality?

Only if there's a satyr involved. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well that was a big fucko of an ending.

How long are we going to have to wait for the payoff of fairies that can't be hunted but can totally hunt humans thing? I figured that would happen like, immediately.

And the loving bathtub that I'm still waiting to somehow be plot-relevant. I want to believe.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

You missed the boat on that one -- Elliot and Margot gifted it to the people of Fillory in order to force faery kind out into the open. Happened back in episode 8 or 9.

Plot relevant again, I should say. I want that goddamn tub to somehow be critical to getting magic back.

Fairy Queen Tub for high king of Fillory.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ember was also a pretty lazy dude so he probably convinced his brother to take this lovely little volcano rock and make it more orderly because it'd be less work. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wow, Nega-Elliot sure is... different. :stare:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol my face is buried in my phone 95%of the time I’m watching tv. For instance, I had to wiki what the heck was up when Elliot kissed Quentin.

Okay I get the Isaac thing because gently caress if I can remember temporary names, but how do you black out the best episode of the series?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I feel like The Monster getting caged is going to end up being the equivalent of the old gods putting it in the corner for a few millennia to think about what it did. They’re pretty nonchalant about their kids actually dying, since even turning off magic was talked about as a temporary punishment for humanity killing Ember and Umber.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The constant downward spiral of Alice is both amazing and frustrating. You’d think turning into a soulless monster made of pure magic would be the low point of the character, but here we are.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah no that 100% sounds right for something they would have lying around in the bar.

You know, for when Eliot gets really weird with the drinks.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

I really have no idea how to explain the show. One time I called it Harry Potter or Narnia if they were sometimes nihilistic cosmic horror comedies. If you ever watch one of those and wish a character would scream an F-Bomb and pull a gun on a dragon egg, Magicians is your show.

I constantly describe the show as “Harry Potter but everyone is a little bit broken” although that stopped being an apt metaphor somewhere in season 2 so I’ll have to turn it into a Narnia version.

“Narnia but with Cock Barrens.”

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Anne Whateley posted:

Same but also I'm not gonna stop rooting for Kady and Penny

e: also dying to see Marina and her girlfriend

I want to see who can put up with Marina, even a Marina playing her because she gets a retry.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It’s Marinas all the way down.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Gonna be hard to top the last one.

So who's Alice gonna end up with since everyone is pairing off?

Ideally briefly with a cannon, and then the sun after an explosive breakup.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Magicians: There’s a Man in The TV Who Deserves My Wrath

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m not crying the mirror is leaking shut up

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

NowonSA posted:

I could also see some evil magician on the level of Martin Chatwin taking on Quentin's appearance to mess with everyone because they really pissed him or her off.

Its really a shame they got rid of Q-Beast as early as they did, him sniffing around a timeline suddenly full of way more magic than normal would have been a great season.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I still remember when I first started watching the show how I thought it was going to end up being the wacky adventures of Quinten with magic and maybe we’d get an episode focused on other characters occasionally. What a pleasant surprise that turned out to be.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It's Fillory, that crown is probably made of chocolate and pure LSD because Ember thought he might want a snack at some point.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Todd knows her better than he does.

Can you imagine having your fate decided by Todd though? He’d Todd it up!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

That'd be pretty useful in this setting tbh. Remember Martin magicking himself a pair of extra fingers?

It’s Todd, there wouldn’t be a hand on the end.

A crab claw if she’s lucky.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Ok that's good to hear. Most TVIV threads are a shitshow so you can never be sure. It will be very interesting to see what direction the show takes after losing the main character.

Now it’s Todd’s time to shine.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah one of the beauties of this show is that the whole cast is kind of main characters in their own right, even if Q was intended to be at first.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If you’re unhappy because it seems like Penny isn’t getting any character growth, I strongly encourage you to keep watching because he has the best arc out of the entire cast.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

hanales posted:

I’ve now watched 4 seasons of this show and I still can’t decide if it’s a practical joke being played on me.

I know, it’s pretty great.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Fen needs a magic mirror or something so she can play off her own sassiness.

Fen-golem.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I still can’t decide if I’m extremely pleased or enormously disappointed that it wasn’t a fake out ending designed to gently caress with Margo.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Look he’s had some serious thdrinking to do, who has time for a haircut?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Fenn has KNIVES.

God drat excellent point.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think that was just the special once a century full moon that your options were gently caress someone without the curse, kill someone or rip yourself apart. The normal times you could just lock yourself in a cage to get through it.

Yeah, regular full moons are just a lock yourself up thing. The full on gently caress-somebody-or-die thing is once every 30 years iirc.

That was a hell of a look Margo had on her face at the end. She is not okay right now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I imagine it was a bit of both. Eliot actually letting his feelings out in writing, and also bee tee dubs Everett done drank the reservoir look out for him.

I kind of figured they would go through with him sending the letter, but Q does what he did anyway because he's just that drat stubborn.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Margot hates that she’s feeling feelings is a pretty well established part of her character.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I would love a compilation of all the times Penny is just baffled by the stupid poo poo the rest of the cast says. It would be like three hours long.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well, there was the Margolem and the manifestation of Angry Margot in Eliot's head. I'm all for more Margos to be honest. Summer's range could give them all unique personalities.

Ghost Margot was in an episode as well when they went timeline hopping.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hey, Penny 40 had plenty of it too. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If I don’t get another lovely group effort at a Queen song I shall be very cross.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

In these turbulent times Hades is just practicing good social distance.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

At this point I just want a spinoff about Zelda's early life. Give me the sexy pre-librarian making bad decisions and burning all the bridges.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The burning question is does NuFillory have a Cock Barrens? Inquiring minds demand to know.

And my god who will map it? Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Season 3 had A Life in the Day which is miles away the best episode of the show.