Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Quite. It's not as if there are other governments that have documents pertaining to human rights and what they are and that no two can seem to come to a consensus about what exactly they are.

I apparently have more human rights if I move to America (including the right to own a gun) and less if I move elsewhere. This is in no way a political tool created by governments, of course, only those crazy orientals would do something like that.

stop with the lovely sarcasm already, it's not nearly as funny or clever as you think.

and no, the Chinese government is in fact a lot worse about human rights than America. there is universal consensus on that by pretty much every organization that gives a poo poo about things like that, going by such factors as "you won't be thrown in jail and tortured for saying bad things about the head of state", which yeah i suppose might be more nebulous a thing on your own personal horribleness scale compared to, uh, gun ownership amongst private citizens, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they also considered it a cyberpunk hellscape due to smog levels not seen since the killer great smog of London, combined with a neurotic one party police state that tries to censor that time twenty six years ago they went full lethal on a public square full of pro democracy demonstrators by having a web graphic of an upset cute panda or whatever tell you how sad it is that you're looking up wrongthink related phrases.

other than that it's a pretty uncalled for label, yeah.

• Locked thread