Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Fojar38 posted:

You're insane if you think that anything even close to this would be arriving in the US, or any Western country for that matter. In the US especially if the government tried something like this there would be hordes of people making GBS threads all over it and ignoring it completely as a matter of principle.

Also something something First Amendment
Credit scores in the U.S. are not determined or regulated by the government. They're determined by credit bureaus, who don't publicize what does or does not affect scoring. Social media could be taken into account for credit scores already in the U.S., for all we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Elukka posted:

I was sorta shocked when I learned of the American system because I just didn't know that sort of score-grinding thing existed.
You can't really score-grind in the U.S., because nobody knows what is actually included. You can find some websites that claim something or other helps your credit score, but it mostly sounds like old wives' tales (try to have a lot of available credit... but not too much... and never use more than 20% of your available credit card credit at once... but use at least 5% of your available credit... pay your bill every month, but don't always pay off the entire balance...)

If there was some known way to kill slimes to boost a point or two repeatedly, I would definitely do it, but I don't think that anybody's actually cracked the code. All that someone can really do is just try to pay bills on time and hope that a mistake or identity fraud doesn't gently caress everything up at some point.

• Locked thread