Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's hard for me to look at it through virgin eyes cause i've read a good chunk of the books and keep up with spoilers. But they hammer the gently caress out of you with flashbacks for Lyana a million times before the episode starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I dunno I read the first three books and some of the fourth and I kind of like the show more, even in its slow spots it gets rid of the extra garbage GRRM adds to the narrative.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think he'll just write an ending that is the complete opposite of the show out of spite.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He's rich and doesn't give a gently caress. He'll die before ever finishing the series because fantasy writers are mostly garbage and have to milk their successes till nobody cares. See Wheel of Time series for what the future holds.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

To be fair the books kinda have the same problem after he starts killing off the main characters. You end up with a bunch of side characters that can't really hold up a book on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gotta keep that money rolling in somehow, he's never going to finish the books.

• Locked thread