Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

a starwar betamax posted:

are there seriously people grossed out by eating sardine bonnes?

Yes God drat it are you reading the loving thread Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

Ive never cared for sardines or anchovies. is there like a big ol sardine that would change my mind ala ahi tuna vs shiity canned tuna?

King Oscar Mediterranean flavor will let you taste the fish and love the taste of the fish.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
If you're scared of eating the bones try to eat the 'dines whole! Never look at the 'dines!!!!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
had another tin of 'dines, half a avocado, and two pieces of toast for breakfast and i am now ready to tear a loving truck in half LET'S DO THIS!!!!!! GOOD MORNING AMERICA *bursts through front door without pants*

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
what is the best dine to eat for breakfast

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

the ones in your cupboard

you have some, right? Right???

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i'm not a dad but i do enjoy sardines. however as far as tiny fish go, i like anchovies even more. grind them up into a paste with a bunch of garlic and its good with everything

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I was going to bring a tin to work with me but I left them on the table along with my coffee. :(

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Where do you get sardines that still have the heads attached? Like, is there a term for it? I love King Oscar Mediterranean Style sardines and eat them a couple of times a week, but I want something that freaks out my co-workers even more.

Sardines are cool because instead of getting a can of mashed up mystery meat like with most canned fish products, it's actually like eating a fish. But it's still cheap and canned! Amazing!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 20, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sardine bones are fine but i rally hate those giant vertebrae in canned salmon

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
I just bought and consumed some sardines. It was some Portuguese brand I guess, porthos sardines in tomato sauce/oil. Ive never eaten a 'dine before and it was a pretty good meal, tastes kinda like canned tuna but not dry as poo poo. I ate it on toast with lawry's seasoned salt and sriracha. Saw some bones but didn't notice them at all while chewing. I can feel the cold dick sucking snakes repairing my arteries so that's good.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Where do you get sardines that still have the heads attached? Like, is there a term for it? I love King Oscar Mediterranean Style sardines and eat them a couple of times a week, but I want something that freaks out my co-workers even more.

Sardines are cool because instead of getting a can of mashed up mystery meat like with most canned fish products, it's actually like eating a fish. But it's still cheap and canned! Amazing!

The hippie grocery or fancy grocery or Asian grocery sometimes has fresh or frozen dines with the heads on. Ask them if they can scale and gut them for you because it's a PITA with little fishes like that.

I've never seen them canned with the head on.

You could do this, like this borderline intolerable and insane wop does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YL93zNVowU

raton fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 20, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

I just bought and consumed some sardines. It was some Portuguese brand I guess, porthos sardines in tomato sauce/oil. Ive never eaten a 'dine before and it was a pretty good meal, tastes kinda like canned tuna but not dry as poo poo. I ate it on toast with lawry's seasoned salt and sriracha. Saw some bones but didn't notice them at all while chewing. I can feel the cold dick sucking snakes repairing my arteries so that's good.

Dines alone ain't gonna fix your queered up internals, boy. You gotta exercise or get one physical type job in addition to eatin' dines to fix your all cabbage body.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

I had some bristlings in olive oil on a croissant with a glass of apple juice, that was pretty dope breakfast.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

no i was just bringing it up to have a reason to use the popular kfc meme about eating the boness

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Why should I eat the fishy oils, a human being essay by Sheep Goats

Ok, you are a goon now. At 35 you are old enough that bad eating habits have made the artery hard. The artery is supposed to be soft. This is because the artery that goes around your heart needs to bend. If it doesn't bend it will crack on the inside. Your body will think this is a cut and a clot will form. If the crack is big enough you will get a clot that closes the artery and then all of the heart tissue that lives on that artery's blood will die. It will get replaced by scar tissue which doesn't work. You will either die or no longer be able to walk up stairs without stopping on the landings because your new piece of poo poo heart can't handle it. That is called a heart attack.

What is a good way to fight this? First you can see your doctor and he will give you a tiny cheap pill to take that will control your cholesterol pretty well that is a miracle. Second you can take one 81mg aspirin every day. Third you can exercise. Forth you can consume large quantities of unsaturated fats relative to your other fats.

Your body uses these fats for a lot of things but one thing is making arteries. A fat is a chemical that looks like three snakes biting each others in the heads. The long tail part can be saturated or unsaturated. If it is saturated that means the snake has all of its ribs. This means that it can't suck its own cock because the ribs make it inflexible. If it is unsaturated it has a rib removed so it can suck its own cock. Unsaturated snakes are very flexible.

When it is cold inflexible snakes get even worse. In fact some fats are so saturated that at cool temperatures they are solid, like butter. Other fats stay liquid even when they are very cold because they are so unsaturated, they have had the perfect rib removed so they can most easily suck their own cocks. Fishes live in the cold cold sea but need to have flexible cell walls and arteries for swimming and for complex thought. Therefore their bodies make unsaturated fats. This means we can eat cold water oily fish in volumes that outpace warm furry land animals a lot and it helps us not develop arteriosclerosis and die from a myocardial infarction because our lazy dumb bodies will use these now easily available flexible fats to build cells.

Oh by the way if you over eat your body will crank out a ton of fat. Because it is dumb it will mostly make saturated fat (it stores energy better). If you want health benefits from omega 3 oils you cannot overeat. BTW in this analogy a snake = a fatty acid and when they bite each other's heads they make a fat so don't get confused about acid vs fatty acid vs fat you dumb poo poo.

Are you zack parsons?

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
This dumb gay thread is making me want to eat some dumb gay fish out of a can

Incidentally I'm a new dad I think it's programmed into dad genes

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i don't like the texture of the bones/spines much but I've found that King Oscar sardines tend to be smaller and the bones are a lot less noticeable. For me the smaller the sardines are the more I tend to enjoy them I think. King Oscar in olive oil with jalapeno in the two-layer cans are just about the perfect sardine, on saltines or plain triscuits with green el yucateco

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
also heinz malt vinegar is a pro-tier sardine condiment but I keep forgetting to buy it because Publix doesn't carry it for some reason

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Goddamnit, I missed ground floor of the sardine thread.

Just got a smoker for my birthday. How are smoked 'dines?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Haiku contest on the KO Facebook page. Prizes include KO sardine forks, vintage sardines, t-shirts, aprons, KO swag, royal taster kits, and KO coupons!!
https://www.facebook.com/KingOscarSeafood/photos/np.1450656597363736.1013036679/1101437733213555/?type=3&theater

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

SLAM TO WIN IN THE KO ROYAL HAIKU CONTEST !!!
The 5th Annual King Oscar Happy Holidays Haiku Happening is here…and so is your chance to win…now through Jan 3! To enter, simply post your holiday haiku right here. Prizes include KO sardine forks, vintage sardines, t-shirts, aprons, KO swag, royal taster kits, and KO coupons – all awarded at the discretion of the judges on or about Jan 8, 2016. SO GET YOUR ROYAL HAIKU ON...AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

If you didn't love KO enough, they just dropped this on their facebook page.

e: gently caress, beaten to it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I can't tell if this picture is going to look right because I'm walking my dog and using the mobile app. But these are the dines I ate because my wife took forever ordering pizza.

http://imgur.com/cUumATP

They were good.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Male Tears posted:

Haiku contest on the KO Facebook page. Prizes include KO sardine forks, vintage sardines, t-shirts, aprons, KO swag, royal taster kits, and KO coupons!!
https://www.facebook.com/KingOscarSeafood/photos/np.1450656597363736.1013036679/1101437733213555/?type=3&theater

One way to describe
The unsaturated fats
Snake sucks they own dick

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

One way to describe
The unsaturated fats
Snake sucks they own dick

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just ate my last two cans. Checked the second one, best by 2014. Lmao.

First can was best by 2013.

Will let you know if I get violently ill

Smell fine, taste fine. Whatever. A year or two past isn't the same as a day or two, it's be obvious if they were.. Rancid.

God drat sardines are good.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
:rip: ydgs. I got some mustard Brunswicks and Clover Leaf brislings in olive oil, because my local Costco didn't have KOs. Good shits for sure.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Walked to the store and bought more dines. Some more hot sauce ones (since the selection sucks at my store) and some KO olive oil ones (nice)

And I picked up some lays salty vinnies

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Since I got a car, Trader Joe is 5 minutes away instead of an hour (by bus). They're on the other side of the bridge, but no bus goes directly from my place to there.

I've eaten so much harissa in the past week.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I cooked up some couscous and then dumped the rest of the harissa paste I made the other day and two tins of 'dines in there. Good poo poo.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
So I went and got a couple cans o dines, the saturated and unsaturated fats were about equal? I don't know poo poo about poo poo, but it sounds like with everything balanced out the snake isn't going to be able to suck his cock

Either way these fuckers are delicious with some spicy mustard

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

herring is better than a sardine

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought these shits after stumbling upon the last 'dine thread:

As you can clearly see, I still haven't opened them. Judging from this thread, I made 2 rookie mistakes in buying cheap 'dines and also getting them in water. I don't remember there being much selection. Anyway, I'm not really into fish, but these drat threads make them sound so appealing. I have had and enjoyed the smoked oysters (on crackers w/ hot sauce), and our family friends brought some salmon from their annual trip to Alaska this last summer and smoked it and it tasted like delicious fish candy, which is not something you would expect someone who doesn't like fish much to ever say but that's the best way I can describe it. So good. So with that in mind, recommend me a good quality 'dine, 'dine thread. Obviously I'll go for something if it's smoked, but if the fishyness isn't super pronounced I think I can handle it. I would be willing to order a tin online if necessary.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
My wife loves dines so there is plenty of King Oscar on hand in the ol' Beale household

we also love chovies because nasi lemak is loving delicious, and we fry kippers for breakfast every now and then to drive the cats completely apeshit

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

marauderthirty posted:

As you can clearly see, I still haven't opened them. Judging from this thread, I made 2 rookie mistakes in buying cheap 'dines and also getting them in water. I don't remember there being much selection. Anyway, I'm not really into fish, but these drat threads make them sound so appealing. I have had and enjoyed the smoked oysters (on crackers w/ hot sauce), and our family friends brought some salmon from their annual trip to Alaska this last summer and smoked it and it tasted like delicious fish candy, which is not something you would expect someone who doesn't like fish much to ever say but that's the best way I can describe it. So good. So with that in mind, recommend me a good quality 'dine, 'dine thread. Obviously I'll go for something if it's smoked, but if the fishyness isn't super pronounced I think I can handle it. I would be willing to order a tin online if necessary.

:ughh: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260#post453959931

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i'm cruising amazon for other dine varieties and jesus christ this is not a gustatory hobby for poors

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

cram me sideways posted:

i'm cruising amazon for other dine varieties and jesus christ this is not a gustatory hobby for poors

you can get a pack of Seasons at Costco for roughly a dollar a can. It is a fine thing for poors like us. there are fantastically expensive variants of the dine out there, as there are with virtually everything else. you can probably find someone selling dirt on amazon for, like, 300$ an ounce.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

marauderthirty posted:

Feed these to a cat; don't even try eating them or they'll ruin sardines for you.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

On the recommendation of this thread I have made the switch from tuna to 'dines.

'Dines in tomato sauce on toasted multigrain bread with bread-and-butter pickles is pro-tier snacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Only the weird named(I checked, matiz) and expensive brands are good in water and it better say "fresh water"

If you eat that can of dines in water you'll hate it so much