Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hollismason posted:

What? I can't eat bones or cartilage

if you have an allergy, I don’t know that the processing methods for tinfish are precise and thorough enough that you’d want to trust them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If you can't eat bones because of digestive or health issues, I think most stuff in the genre is right out because even the boneless stuff has pinbones.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I can eat herring fillets just fine. I'm just not suppose to eat small bones or cartilage due to digestive issues.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

'dine-licious

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mackerel is my favorite tinned fish

jupiter, minerva, and good boy are the best ive tried

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

The nuri extra spicy are nice, but not really spicy. Good pepper flavor and they even include a tiny slice of pickle or something in there. The deens themselves are the usual Nuri, which is to say, fantastic.
The limes paired with them perfectly. Gonna up my citrus game, son!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Alfredo, 2 tins worth of sardine olive oil leavings (shared the tins with the kids) ,3 cloves of roast garlic, broccoli, parsley and buncha parm

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Borscht posted:

The nuri extra spicy are nice, but not really spicy. Good pepper flavor and they even include a tiny slice of pickle or something in there. The deens themselves are the usual Nuri, which is to say, fantastic.
The limes paired with them perfectly. Gonna up my citrus game, son!

got high this weekend and cracked a can of extra spicy nuris as well. did notice the pickle slice. overall incredible experience

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

there some varieties of nuri with boatloads of weird veggie pickles its great the character of the fish is slightly altered

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Spicy Nuri is the god tier dine

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i need to try those. ive been pounding king oscars for awhile

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Hollismason posted:

I can eat herring fillets just fine. I'm just not suppose to eat small bones or cartilage due to digestive issues.
I think the King Oscar mackerel is labelled bone-free, as are the very similar Otter Kingdom and Cole's. All three are packed in olive oil and are good, they're kind of like a richer smoother textured canned tuna. Otter Kingdom and KO are around $3/can if you buy 12.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I haven't found one I like more than extra spicy Nuri, those are superb

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Had Fishwife dines. Very close to KO, not better and definitely not worth paying more. Fishwife mackerel is worth it though.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Market Basket helping kids make better choices

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 14, 2024

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the mediterranean bachelor

cracker
tzatziki
kalamata olive
'dine

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Forgot to post this when I saw this a week or so ago:

(Edit cropped license plate)

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 17, 2024

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

blur the plates

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Meanwhile, I was cleaning out an attic, found this.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Shower curtain and bath mat available online.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Huh. I never thought of someone making bathroom accessories specifically for Instagram.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

'dine-o-ramen

never tried this before, dumping the whole can into the ramen gives its it all a delicious 'dine taste. A+ would recommend

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Which ramen is that? I have some of the spicy shin ramen pots I could try it with but I don't know if they'll be too overpowering.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

ReelBigLizard posted:

Which ramen is that? I have some of the spicy shin ramen pots I could try it with but I don't know if they'll be too overpowering.

Shin black w/ beef bone broth

i added a touch of sriracha, but it was unnecessary

actually thinking about having it for dinner tonight but thats a lot of salt

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
cool thanks I'm definitely trying that out.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Bought one of these from a local fish and chips shop, was excellent. Strong braised/almost smoked flavour made it quite different from a normal tin. Still have a ginger and miso one to try

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Is that a goddamned goldfish?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
It's tuna :ssh:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gotta say that sardine ramen is looking extremely struggle meal

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The pro move is to have the dines and some of the oil or sauce over bread/crackers/rice, then use the rest of the oil/sauce on some stir-fried noods.

I like to buy the dines that come in spicy olive oil for this purpose, then use the leftover oil in some Jjapaguri:

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
A couple friend of ours has been watching some guy on youtube review canned fish and have been tempted into the dine world. It seems people will both produce and watch this sort of content. Strange world. They informed me that they have tried the 'dine gatway drug (Tiny Tots by KO) but haven't advanced much farther than that. So I made an RTG order and I received a big shipment of various exotic dines and assorted fishies as well as one of their sterling silver dine forks.

So I'm hosting them for a big fish fest in a few days. If you all have recommendations for preparation and serving above and beyond crusty country bread, mustard, pickled onions and champagne I'd love to hear them. Obviously I'll take a look through my tinned fish cookbook as well, but I want to hear what got your trepidacious buddies hooked.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Roki B posted:

A couple friend of ours has been watching some guy on youtube review canned fish and have been tempted into the dine world. It seems people will both produce and watch this sort of content. Strange world. They informed me that they have tried the 'dine gatway drug (Tiny Tots by KO) but haven't advanced much farther than that. So I made an RTG order and I received a big shipment of various exotic dines and assorted fishies as well as one of their sterling silver dine forks.

So I'm hosting them for a big fish fest in a few days. If you all have recommendations for preparation and serving above and beyond crusty country bread, mustard, pickled onions and champagne I'd love to hear them. Obviously I'll take a look through my tinned fish cookbook as well, but I want to hear what got your trepidacious buddies hooked.

You could serve them over bits of rice like a pseudo-nigiri. (a lazy weekday lunch for me is tinned fish, rice, peas/beans, laoganma crispy chili sauce all mixed up)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Roki B posted:

EAT THE drat BONES

STRAIGHT OUTTA THE CAN OVER THE KITCHEN SINK

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

isaboo posted:

EAT THE drat BONES

This is the way

Chopstick em into yo mouth right over the drain

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

isaboo posted:

EAT THE drat BONES

Brother, I know the sacred rites you do not have to cite me the old ways.

I am trying to indoctrinate effectively.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

What are some brands to avoid? I've been avoiding Beach Cliff for a while, but are they actually any good? They're so cheap, I'm nervous

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Roki B posted:

A little cream cheese and thin sliced cucumber on triscuits. There's an olive oil and sea salt (or is it black pepper? I forget) triscuit that seems good for this application

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Roki B posted:

What made me fall into the canned fish habbit was adding garlic confit. And if I haven't any around I like going for sweet mustard variants.
And I do think that the hidden secret to great charcuterie adjacent situations is to increase the variety of bread. I swear by Turkish style semi-flat bread personally.
And cheese. Best way to add just a tiny bit of variety to the second dine bread. Cream cheese and something from the Brie or Camembert family is best imo.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Saucer Hovers posted:

:shrug: It was good? and I'm broke :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

blunt for century posted:

What are some brands to avoid? I've been avoiding Beach Cliff for a while, but are they actually any good? They're so cheap, I'm nervous

The other day I bought Chicken of the Sea sardines in olive oil and they weren't terrible like I expected. They're Brislings/Sprats from the North Sea and packaged in Poland, and this is exactly what KO does now with their sardines. Appearance-wise they look very similar, with a slight difference in smokiness flavor. I was shocked to be quite honest

I'll buy some KO and CotS and post comparison pics next time I get the chance