Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

poo poo man I haven't had a sardine since my late father was pushing them on me a couple years back.

I think I failed to pick up some wisdom from that man, of course he would pluck minnows out of the water at the beach and eat them whole so...

Aight gently caress it I'mma run up to the store and get some sardines, I don't want my arteries to rot after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Um bones are good quit being a bitch

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Oops Awful app is awful sorry for the doubles.

Thump! fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 21, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Holy poo poo these KO dines are tasty as poo poo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

cram me sideways posted:

there will be a goon backlash against sardines every bit as bitter and harsh as the backlash against bacon

it's coming

enjoy your dines in the open while you can

Ride the dines till I die

Lowtax can suck my dine

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

What's the best way to fry up a dine, anyways? Is it okay to just toss it on a pan for a few minutes straight from the can orrrrr....????

I'm not a cook and I don't want to burn my kitchen down trying to get some fried dine goodness :ohdear:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

From the can get that pan hot (medium high) drop in some can oil put that dine in there for 2 min if it's small dine, 3 min if big dine carefully turn over, 2-3 more minutes, put into mouth. Also can broil.

Nice, I might try that tomorrow morning with some eggs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Did you do the fisherman fish from second post??

Do that first it's real hard to gently caress it up.

Do you cook the fishes in their can or do you pour them into the dish? I don't want to blow my oven up amigo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Some serious opinions itt regarding dines and cooking temps. Chill out bros, have a dine or two and relax ~:coolfish:~

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Impulse ordered some king oscar sardines & random salt crackers, if this poo poo sucks, thread & op is going to burn.

Lol you bout to get dine'd by king

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Got me three tins of those tasty KO dines, I'm gonna have em for lunch tomorrow with some wheat saltines, gonna see how many of my dweeb friends I can gross out :buddy:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

lol if you ain't sliding lubed sardines up your butt it's the only way to consume them properly.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Tbh any fish rolls ITT if it's regularly canned I think. Mackerels salmons tunas and oysters (not a fish but still gets tinned) can all hang with the almighty dine :coolfish:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

My dad's wife looked at my Facebook page and saw that I'd liked King Oscars page.

Scored tonight!

:coolfish:

That's a good Christmas gift right there

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I gave a 15 year old a KO dine in jalapeņo sauce today.

He told me I'm cooler than his real dad.

:ohdear:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

did he really say 'cooler', or did he say 'less uncool'?

I dunno, I couldn't understand him too well. He kept talking about tweeters and riddits and poo poo.

loving kids. Need more dines in their lives.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

If King Oscar was alive today would you follow him into battle against the naysayers of sardines?

I would slay every Danish bastard I met in his name.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Doctor Soup posted:

Well dang. I might try them anyway, just because people keep saying they're the best. How are the jalapeno KO's?

I had a tin of them on Saturday and just had a tin of them over a bed of brown rice for lunch today.

They're rather spicy and have chopped up jalapenos right on top of the fishes and are very very good.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

~~ Fisherman's Eggs ~~
~~ a photo essay ~~

http://imgur.com/a/zAlJf

Yes, really, 500 degrees

YES REALLY 500 DEGREES

Do the prep. Saving the shallot so this is 3 green onions, 2 bushy parsely trees, 2 toes garlic, pepper, mixed up

Add the dines to the pile and some but not all oil from the can and stir it around a little. These dines were big so I chopped them in half on a bias.

Dump into dish. This dish was sitting in the oven when it preheated. It sizzles

Six minutes later they look like this

Put the eggs on top straight outta the shell. If you only have three eggs in your fridge like me then use three instead of four. Also it will put a stake in the heart of the bitchmade 375 crybabies forever if you use less eggs at the same temp and time and it works out okay but only more delicious than they could ever dream of.

Seven minutes for the eggs and they look like this. See how the dines are golden? That's why 500. Industry term is GBD

Let 'em sit there for five minutes and they are easy to take out of the bakedish and also a little more cooked

The plate. The average Sambal Oelek amount

OH NO AT 500 THE EGG WILL BE RUBBER AND BAD AN OVERCOOKED WAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What's GBD stand for? Goddamned Bangin-rear end Dines?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

King of Bees posted:

Had some KOs in oil last night as a midnight snack. Dumped them on a paper plate, squeezed a few lines of yellow mustard on them and scooped them up with corn chips. They were the tiny KOs that are really firm. 8/10 midnight snack-atude.

Tell me you did this over the kitchen sink, you dadly bastard.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

cram me sideways posted:

what the gently caress is this BULLSHIT where you KIDS are putting CONDIMENTS on your PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY THEY ARE sardines

i bet you assholes put a pound of sugar and a gallon of creme in your loving sippy cup of coffee, too

I like 2 sugars and 2 creams in my coffee, and some Sriracha on my dines.

Sorry you can't get with the program, gramps, but it's the 21st century. The Nazis are all dead, you can let go of your rationing bullshit.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

See, I bet sardines would go good with titty.

Dad's eat your dines off the sagging breasts of your wives, I bet you'll feel like yakuza eating sushi.

Probably closer to the Mafia with that sort of sliminess. That just seems like a super Italian thing to do.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

:smith::hf::smith:

Same. Cracking some dines in pop's honor.

Edit: Also, instead of fresh oysters in a 22 oz beer, how about a dine or two?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Why the hell would you bring a girl home? So she can steal some of the dines?

gently caress that noise.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

So are "skinless & boneless" sardines basically really small fish fillets?

Sounds pretty lame, whatever it is. Bones are the best part.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

So where's the best value for KO dines on the internet to be found? I wanna order some in semi-bulk so I don't have to set foot in Walmart or drive the hour out to Trader Joes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Android Bicyclist posted:

Hello to you too, forums user a real jerk

Feel free to grab a tin from the shelf at Seafood King in Sacramento, CA.

EDIT: it's Seafood City. :argh:

:coolfish: Holy Mackerel! :coolfish:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I'll pose the question again since it was looked over but now we're talking about affordability, where's the best place online to get tins of quality dine's at affordable prices?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Male Tears posted:

Oh man, when I used to visit my boyfriend in Billings, we would go to Lucky's all the time. Me for the Bela 'dines and him for the bacon burgers. Great place.

Unrelated, I had to venture into a Walmart the other day and was stunned to find they had some fancy canned fish not available at my normal grocery store (Shoprite). Picked up 2 good looking cans. The salmon better be God-tier at $5.88.

I've been picking up a few tins of KO at Walmart the past few weeks, they're like 3 bucks a pop I think so not terrible but I'm hoping I can find a better price. Walmart has a surprisingly good selection of tinned fishes.

edit: And Wild Planet too, which I just tried out today. I think I might like them better than KO, actually.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

Had some KO sardines with jalapenos over a bed of my favorite new crop japanese rice (kokuho rose) the other day. Good stuff. Nice blend of heat and vinegar. It made of the rice leftover a tasty finish to a nice main part of the meal.

Jalapeno dines n rice is the best drat lunch ever and I will fight all who disagree.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I cook brown rice in a rice cooker and mix in a can or two of dines every once in a while for lunch and it's p tasty with some sriracha.

That's my rice n dines story thanks for reading.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Why don't you just cook the dine over an open flame like lol what the gently caress is wrong with you? :confused:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Hey all you five hundred degree bitch-made clowns, check out this ultra-hardcore recipe from the king himself... does it recommend 600 degrees and a duck egg? 750 and a prairie dog tenderloin? 800 CELSIUS and moose tongue??? Only a click will tell...

http://www.kingoscar.com/recipes-for-a-happier-life/recipes-sandwiches-snacks/sardines-straight-up.html

His royalty the King Oscar has some seriously respectable delectable and dare i say electable snark :chanpop:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

how are the king oscars in olive oil and jalapeneo

that sounds good

They're really good and I'm having some KOs with Jalapeno right now, they're bitchin'

Fluo posted:

Thump I love your avatar

I had some kippers for breakfast, was yummy :coolfish:

namaste friend

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Cute as heck posted:

canned octopus is real good too

eat it right out the tin w/ a toothpick for a good time thanks for the life lesson papa

I saw that at the store the other day but I thought it was a gimmick. How does octopussy taste, anyways?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

Can someone link me to an impact analysis of (or otherwise describe) the long-term effects of dine oil on kitchen plumbing?

I think Flint Michigan just came through with some conclusive results on the subject.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Did goons literally win all 5 places on that contest?

Fuckin' goons man :coolfish:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sizone posted:

wellllllllllllllll my toilet went crazy yesterday afternoo-oon
the plumber he says never flush a tam-poo-oon

think you pretty much toxxed yourself to post a video of yourself drinking all the oil out of a can of dines. do you drink the brine in the pickle jar as well? or eat that weird aspic that vienna sausages come packed in?

Do you not?

That's the best part yo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Methanar posted:

I've eaten fish like, once 15 years ago.

I'm scared of trying new things. Do you just eat the head of the fish and the guts and bones because they're so small or what? Should I try sardines?

Yes yes and yes, it's tasty and good for you. If you eat any fish, eat a 'dine, but don't cheap out and buy the Bumblebees or whatever, start yourself off right with the King.

Oh, also I just had a nice bowl of brown rice with some jalapeno KO dines over it, oil and all, as well as some Sriracha for a little extra kick. It was quite :coolfish: and spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

They're soft enough to ignore completely, just eat them bones.

Seeiously. Eat dem bones, dey tasty