Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bardeh posted:

where did he go? :(

pretty sure raton got banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You realize he was the OP of the thread, right? You could just go to the first post and verify this.

why the gently caress would i know who the OP was when this thread has been around for almost 4 years?

do you go back and read a thread from the beginning occasionally?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Youve inspired me to grow tomatoes in my back yard which I cant believe Ive never done before

Tomatoes are super easy to grow too. Just make sure you water them daily if you're in a hot area.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

withak posted:

Guys please dont try to survive on canned fish and booze.

It's not worth living if i cant do that.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Pro as gently caress za toppings.

I'm sad about that though, the place my family orders pizza from stopped carrying anchovies.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is a crime

Yeah I bitched to them about it and they said i was basically the only person who ever got anchovies on their pizza and we would only order like 1 every other month or so, so it wasn't worth it for them to keep them in stock. bastards

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Weltlich posted:

For a heart healthy snack, cut the top of a head of garlic, drizzle in some olive oil, and roast it for a half hour in hot oven. Then smoosh out one of those soft cloves onto a piece of rye bread with a sardine.

You'll stand apart from your friends :dadjoke:

Roasted garlic is loving delicious and is good on almost everything.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

As a non-connoisseur, I bought the red boat fish sauce recommended. Besides Thai food, any interesting things I can try this with?

It goes great in tomato sauces.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

been reading this thread from page 1 to psych myself up to try some dines...at page 20 and almost ready

Get some King Oscar tiny tots as your first dines. Don't gently caress up and get some lovely ones or you'll probably never try them again.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Flint Ironstag posted:

That was my mistake many years ago, I don't remember which brand, but they were awful. I finally tried KO a few years ago, and now lament all the lost time.

Yeah, I tried them when i was in high school and they were some terrible ones. I didn't try them again until I was in my 30's after reading this thread. Got some Tiny Tots and now i'm in love with the lil fishies.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

i like a nice, whole complete 'dine and i typically find the ones in tomato sauce crumble and fall apart more easily. perhaps the acidity of the tomato does it. i have no idea.

Tomatoes are pretty acidic so that probably does it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's 2019 and :lol: if you're not eating anus in general.

fixed

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I recently got access to an electric smoker & I've been thinking of smoking some fish. Salmon is the common one, but what are some other fishies I can smoke up?

Mackerel also smokes really well. I haven't done it myself but I've eaten it before and it's delicious.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

are sardines still available?

nah, they've been cancelled

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

channel z posted:

Anchovies are the thinking man's sardine. I've been into making Scotch Woodcock lately, I've never actually had a real one before since i'm American and live in the south, but I can make a lightly scrambled egg and add cayenne pepper and some pickapeppa and other spices and put it on toast and lay a lattice of anchovies on top.

I highly recommend this, but I'll eat anchovies the way some of you guys eat sardines, so maybe I'm nuts.

Anchovies are super good on pizza but I’ve only ever had them like that or dried in Thai dishes.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I smoked some chicken wings over the weekend for the start of the NFL season & I started thinking about smoking my own sardines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_nHODWDG0
I think I'll try this out either this weekend or next one.

i'd love to do this but i've never been able to find fresh dines.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

I have to say I noticed Id gained a spring in my step when I started eating sardines

that's the gout causing you to be light footed.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I like to saute it very briefly and then add it to pasta. When I say very briefly, I mean 20-30 seconds at most because any more will turn it into rubber.

Yeah, you just wanna get it warmed up, it's already cooked from being canned.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

this was a weird page to come back to. are we chopping off our dicks and eating them

only if they've been infested by Candiru. you also have to pickle the dick first

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Does oyster sauce even have oysters in it? Its hard for me to differentiate it from hoisin sauce, which is about as inoffensive a flavor you can find.

I need to get some fish sauce. I keep putting it off.

The good oyster sauce has real oysters in it. The meh stuff has oyster extract.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Me and the boys eating some dines.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

haunted bong posted:

gonna eat some dines today for the first time

Hopefully they’re quality dines or you might get turned off.

I recommend newbie dine eaters start out with King Oscar tiny tots because they’re cheapish, usually available at your local grocery store and are quite good.

Some of the rookies started out with something like Beach Cliff and didn’t enjoy them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

that is a domestic beer

it's also lovely (because it's an IPA) so it fits