Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Aww, my king oscar shirt is red instead of that sweet grey the other person posted earlier. Now its going to clash with my apron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Had an open faced bagel sandwich with some good green, sliced onion, tiny tots, and just a touch of tapatio. Do recommend

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

If squid are so smart how come they haven't figured out how to not be delicious

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

tldw:

squid are buoyant because they are filled with their own piss. this also makes them acidic so their remains don't calcify ergo no squid fossils

Are you saying squid are made of testicles?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Try international grocery stores, I got an absolutely scandalous amount for like $5.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Caught this shameful example while browsing brunch menus:

Not a dine in sight, does the king know about this?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

The time they didn't let me choose I got an apron. Most other things they'll get a size on

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

https://twitter.com/Lola_lmao7/status/1418901529894039553?s=20

I'm kind of annoyed I never thought of this.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I refuse to believe there are people raw fisting tinned fish. Mashing oil drenched fish bit covered fingers into the tin chasing the last scraps of fish, dripping their dignity all over the (I can only hope) soon to be rinsed sink. Its disgusting.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Also I don't trust that can edge. It doesn't seem razor sharp but I've sliced myself on stupider things

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

https://twitter.com/kingoscar/status/1420865504311382018?s=20

Has anyone tried these yet? White vinegar and caper sounds amazing, but I could see it either being really good and the flavors have permeated the whole fish, or really bad and the fish is kind of overprocessed textured from sitting in brine for so long.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I meant the new KO flavor, but I actually got my hands on some decent tomatoes today and maybe sardine bruschetta is tomorrow's lunch

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

LongDarkNight posted:

I've had two cans, wasn't impressed. Did not get a strong flavor from the capers and I think the vinegar made the fish tough.

Yeah that was my worry. Its not like I don't have vinegar and capers and can dress my dines accordingly. I'm still going to try them though, I've got all these CONTEST WINNER coupons sitting on my table so I might as well.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I have 100% got to know wtf is going on with the caponata in particular the squash. That sounds like a terrible idea.

edit: looking over the tins again I think the leafy greens might be even weirder.

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 1, 2021

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Luna posted:

What a person does over the privacy of their own kitchen sink is their business you judgmental chud.

Look someone's got to be the shocked pearl clutching Victorian in this canned fish thread and I don't see you stepping up to the plate.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Digging the chopstick game

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

quote:

Shakshouka Saturday, getting back to adding canned fish to it.

Freshé thai sriracha tuna, can of diced fire-roasted salsa-style tomatoes,feta cheese, half a green bell pepper, half an onion, 1 clove garlic, 3 farm chicken eggs, chives, parsley, homemade keto bread, Hungarian sweet paprika, black cardamom, juniper berries, fennel seed, sichuan peppercorns, black peppercorns, cumin seed, corriander seeds.

Verdict:

The biggest lesson is to first read the contents of a canned fish package. This tin had "flakes of tuna, sweet & sour beans(:aaa:), peanuts(:aaaaa:), leafy greens, hot Asian spice." The tin would've been best used as a spread or put into a salad, but I had to utilize this as I already opened it.

Tomorrow I'm going to use some Freshé Sicilian caponata in my shakshouka, which has (checks package)
"wild tuna, butternut squash, fire roasted vegetables, shaved almonds, vibrant herbs."

:geno:

If I'm smart I'll just use that tin for a salad.

What was the leafy greens and bean situation like?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Update 9/9/21: Cats still don't like sardines. Considering possibility they may be some sort of alien pod people kind of replicant. The fishy oil keeps them at bay.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Heads up, the haiku contest is up on facebook

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

How do people feel about Brunswick? They're on sale this week but are they worth getting?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

But what temp do you cook it at?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

lol I forgot the dune thread had that tag, its so perfect

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

TIL that a steak Oscar gets it's name from the fact that veal Oscar was a favorite of the King of Dines himself. Even if they don't sell lump crab.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

and that racoon's name was Albert Einstein

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

$2 off King Oscar tuna? Don't mind if I do

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Any ideas for a reasonably fancy looking app using the KO jalapeno yellowfin tuna? Its kind of hard to google ideas since tuna keeps either sending me to seared ahi or chicken of the sea based ideas. The rest of the menu is vaguely Mediterranean mostly north African if that makes any difference (it doesn't to me but would be cool I guess).

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

That does sound good, I like the white beans especially. I could even do it in endive cups since I'm serving fresh pita with dinner so everyone's not all breaded out.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I think I've crossed some kind of threshold. Last night I topped sliced pickled egg with dines. It was good but needed some crunch.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Chewy? Flakey? Fishy? Tell us more

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport today and seeing this made me think of this thread:

Goddamn I love that aquarium. Did you pet the urchins?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

I did! I was also there with a studio mate's 2 year-old and she loved petting all the animals in the tide pool.

Probably answers the follow-up question of did you hit the rogue brewery tour after

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Fuckit I'd eat a seahorse.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Terrible news, one of the cats as suddenly figured out that dines are delicious. Somehow made it years without being bothered by cats for fishy treats, but now that's all over. RIP my peace and quiet

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

She's way too stupid to be deterred by such a thing as quality. Even if she didn't like it I would just get scolded until I came up with some proper sardines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

ziasquinn posted:

holy poo poo this thread is still going

It will only end when dines stop being delicious