Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I recently heard that because most bars in Japan have toaster ovens, a can of sardines topped in various things and tossed in the toaster is a common snack. Trouble is, I can't actually find any recipes and the ones I attempted myself (mustard bread crumbs and pickled jalapeno slices) were lackluster. Y'all got any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Did someone say indian pickle??

My mother in law may hate my guts but she at least delivers the goods. I think can of seasons with some chili pickle with a gooseberry pickle back is in order for lunch.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Zeluth posted:

My Mom likes them with rice.

:hmmyes:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
The only way to be less considerate would be to light up a camel wide 100 right after.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Sardine sardine sardine sardiiiiiinnne I'm begging for you please don't take my can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixrje2rXLMA

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
sardines on pizza? You do you! Just be safe.

I like anchovies so I can't be too mad

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Are Zoomers horning in on our old people snack? or is it just ironic stuff I'm too Gen X to understand?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I just found out the the KO haiku contest ended last night and I missed it because :effort:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Just dropped a bill on rainbow garden on some 'dines I seleceted purely by the graphic design of their packaging.

They have a tinned fish slack channel.

I'm in heaven

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I got that garfish too! The design is my wife’s favorite.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I just had a can of the extra spicy nuris. They weren’t so pepper spicy as they were clove and spice spicy. Kinda tasted like hotpot. The dines themselves were normal nuri which is to say, fabulous. V glad that the thread has a new source of uncommon canned fish. Shits about to get real in here.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Had some decent Jose Gourmet pilchards yesterday at my desk for lunch. Those pictured are the EVOO packed regular sardines. The oil was some of the best I’ve ever had in a tin as it was incredibly fruity and mild, the sardines themselves were so mild as to be almost bland but that’s offset by the insides being so rich with fish fat and olive oil. The only drawback was the fact that they were kinda scale-y. Aren’t they fetching in their colorful packaging and glistening in the sun?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Tendales posted:

The mystery box idea from RTG has got me intrigued, and when I went to their website to check it out this part killed me.

The entire shopping process at RTG is bananas. To actually buy something, you place your order, then wait a day for them to figure out what box it fits in and exactly how much postage will cost. Then you Zelle them. I swear to Christ if I hadn’t heard how good they are, I would have thought I was getting scammed.
It’s weird but actually goes pretty smoothly.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder how one pays from countries that don’t have Zelle! I hope to find out soon

Dan uh... finds a way

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Had the garfish from upthread with some homemade bagels! I really didn’t like them as they had an odd salty chemical taste and at 3 am I had to get up to completely obliterate my commode that night.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
The smoked Jose Gourmet were amazing. Nice and firm with the perfect amount of smoke. They also each had their own perfect little livers tucked into each one. Maybe it was just a good can but I’m gonna be coming back for more of those

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

The nuri extra spicy are nice, but not really spicy. Good pepper flavor and they even include a tiny slice of pickle or something in there. The deens themselves are the usual Nuri, which is to say, fantastic.
The limes paired with them perfectly. Gonna up my citrus game, son!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Remulak posted:

The one firm that packs sardines that way under 100 different names always produces a great product. Small, skin-on circular container, transparent top.

At Publix it’s sold under Brunswick for less than KO and I’ve kinda switched over