Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

"Why does the kitchen smell like cat food?" -GF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Sheep-Goats posted:

A pickle is real good because it is both a food and a drink

Pickles and booze is Dad-as. Good booze to accompany pickles includes Bourbon, Slivovitz and Vodka.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Sheep-Goats posted:

Whuh oh did up too much onion gotta let it dry a little no one copy my onion long term storage strats

I purposely pre chop all my onions in one go, then throw it in baggies in the freezer. You can throw them in the hot skillet straight from the freezer.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
For UK dads, Waitrose own brand flavoured dines are really very good, and not ridiculously priced at a quid a can.

Used a tin to convert some 'dine virgins last night.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Sheep-Goats posted:

More deets please, talk about why you like this fish, so maybe I can suggest about it in op

Nice fresh taste, the fillets are lightly coloured and they still have a nice flaky body to them, no mush. The lemon flavour is subtle and comes from being canned with a real lemon slice underneath the dines. The chilli version "Sardines Picante" has an equally good texture / taste / quaint can design. The lemon flavour goes really well with mayo and makes a nice upgrade over tuna mayo for salads or sandwiches.

No bones, but I don't care about boneless / boned either way. Got a can of the Picante ones, I might try them with avocado.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The restaurant down the road from my house is Portuguese. They know how to grill a 'dine.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/charlesv/status/1452948320754839558

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Black coffee and a sardine egg strudel in Talinn

It's loving delicious.

(X-post from the street food thread)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Yooper posted:

That looks awesome! Got a link to the thread?

here you go

Some inspirational and also horrifying assemblies of greasy carbs in there

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Which ramen is that? I have some of the spicy shin ramen pots I could try it with but I don't know if they'll be too overpowering.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
cool thanks I'm definitely trying that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Lads. I made it. I'm in Sardinia.