Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
wanna try those dinespines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

doctorfrog posted:

had some bread, some avocado, some sardines. just sorta put them on the cutting board and ate them in the kitchen.

avocado and dines are one of my favorite combos with plenty of black pepper and usually a squeeze of lemon or lime. it's just yummy oily unctuousness

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
They had some fresh dines at the supermarket the other day, so I put those little fishes on the BBQ and :discourse:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

Bag of iceberg mix salad + tin of sardines + Italian dressing = tasty lazy (healthy?) dinner.

Iceberg is by far the worst lettuce, though. Rocket (arugula) is a far better accompaniment for dines, love that peppery bite it brings

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hi thread. I tried Ayam sardines. They're pretty nice and firm. The szechuan sauce one has actual szechuan pepper in it so its pretty spiced.

http://ayam.com/all-sardines.html

When I lived in Thailand I used to get the extra virgin olive oil, chilli, and peppercorn versions of these and they were always amazing.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

fried rice with tinned fishies and veg, yummy healthy and easy. I just cooked up the veg with a bit of the fish oil, added an egg and some oyster sauce, ended up with a quick and tasty dinner

it doesn't look that nice in my photo, but trust me, it was good

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 18, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
lookit these fancy-rear end dines I found with a little window into the can. soft, delicate, yummy little fishies

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Much like coffee, you can't really scrimp when it comes to 'dines. The fancy-rear end expensive dines are always nicer than the cheap stuff, and the cheap stuff is so gross it's better to just not have anything.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
My 5 year old son asked for 'sardines and cabbage' in a roll for his lunch.

gettin' him started young :getin:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know.

a) cabbage in a sandwich is gross

b) i didn't have any anyway

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I...I kept the nicer ones with olives in for myself. But it's OK, he doesn't even like olives! They're John West Skippers (UK brand) - not terrible, not the best.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

pahuyuth posted:

an avocado mashed up in some mashed up Season brand dines is just SO GODDAMN GOOD

:hmmyes:

put it on some buttered sourdough toast and then you've got one of the best lunches there is. I like to put some arugula/rocket on top to make it perfect

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 18, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Sounds good excerpt for the cilantro. There are a few dishes where the soap taste works, but not many.

??? cilantro tastes amazing and nothing like soap

E: huh I looked it up and like 10% of the population has bad genes and think cilantro tastes like soap. I suggest not breeding so as not to pass that on ((jk)kinda but not really))

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spuckuk posted:

Can any UK/Euro folk point me to some top tier 'dines, since KO's don't seem to exist here. (John West are ehhh)

If you go to Waitrose they have a better selection of fancy dines. Parmentier are decent french ones, and there are some other fancy looking brands too that I haven't tried yet. Asda, Tesco etc all only have John West which are OK in a pinch but aren't great.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

barbecue at the folks posted:

To continue with a bit of dinechat: I promised myself I would eat more healthy this year, which just means I have to up my canned fish intake. I had some cheapo Tesco dines in sunflower oil in my cupboard - big fishies and generally not that appetizing. Crushed those dines with some wasabi paste and dark soy, now I have a perfect cheap Japanesey breakfast spread! Can't understand why I didn't think of this before.

Waitrose has the best dine selection of the bigger supermarkets. The Parmentier ones are decent, and usually on some sort of 2 for 1 offer.

e: looking for these, I found their website and they've got this weird-rear end looking recipe:

http://conserverie-parmentier.fr/nos-recettes/aperitif/sables-au-parmesan-et-aux-sardines/

Sardine and parmesan....shortbread? :yum: I'll make some when I get a chance, just because

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 3, 2019

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Recycle because it's the right thing to do, not because you get paid for it you lazy goon

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rozzbot posted:

I'm in Latvia eating fried 'dines :cheers:

oh god that looks amazing wanna crunch those crispy tails

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grevling posted:

How did sardines end up a meme food? :gas:

What the gently caress is a meme food? We post about sardines because we love sardines and they are tasty and healthy.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah a vinaigrette style dressing goes well, not sure I'd want a thick creamy caesar dressing with dines

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

i wish sheep-goats/raton would post again

where did he go? :(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i like sardines. and eating them. :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Had fresh mackerel fillets tonight. Just pan fried with a little oil until the skin's crispy, nothing better.